CG Boost Challenge: Ice Cream Shop

Hey everyone,

over the past week and a half I’ve been working on the current CG Boost challenge: “Ice Cream Shop.” I decided to go a hopefully different direction, something grim. I ultimately landed on this concept of a survivor holed up in the shop during a full blown zombie apocalypse. This is pretty much what I have so far, was thinking it’d be good to work on this outside of a vacuum, see if anyone had any feedback/suggestions so far. I’m currently working on the survivor, planning to pose him in the center of the room, facing the zombies. Also, I want to enlarge the hole in the ceiling to let in a little more light. Not sure that I’m happy with the concept of the sign coming through the ceiling, just thought it’d be ironic to have something cute juxtaposed against the horror of the rest of the scene.

Thanks for looking!

1 Like

The deadline for the contest is almost here, so I’ll probably have to call this finished, unless anyone has any suggestions for how to improve it. Thanks in advance for any input!

1 Like

LOVE IT!!! :star_struck:
great idea and beautifully done!
details, atmosphere… it’s all spot on.

(only tiny comment is about the material around the door. it somehow feels a bit flat and uniform, even if it’s stained. some more details, would have helped there. But that’s complaining on a high level.) :wink:

Thank you so much, Jolly! I was going to say, I thought that I improved the materials on the final version, but I just checked and was surprised to see that the door material pretty much looks the same. I should’ve caught that, but think that I was in a bit of a time crunch at that point. Anyway, appreciate the feedback and the kind words! I’ll make sure to work on my materials more in the future. There’s not a huge difference between the two, but you can see the final version here:

Thanks!

no need to thank - you well deserve it. :partying_face:

don’t worry about some materials not being perfect. it’s always easier for outsiders, with some distance, to spot them.
I’m currently working on a feature film. building lot’s of buildings, highway bridges and so on. Might post about it. I’m sure you’ll gonna spot some ‘not so perfect’ materials there, too. ha. ha. ha.
at some point it’s always about timings and how much perfectionism really makes sense.
Especially in film sfx it’s all about getting away with the least amount of work. :wink:

1 Like

Haha, thanks, I look forward to seeing your work!