CG character, Minda.

I am reletively bad at organic modeling. So Lately I’ve been trying to model
a female character. So far I’ve done 18 hours, 25 minutes of work on her (this sentence will be edited as time goes on). I’m trying to make this realistic, yet with a fantacy touch. I’m planning to do her whole body.

EDIT: C & C is welcome.

EDIT: beware of nudity post 11 and on.

Attachments

a little update. 1 hour of work.

Attachments

another update. 40-minutes work. sorry for the triple post.
C & C is welcome.

Attachments

Minda doesn’t have a chin. I’m not sure if you are going for human anatomy but you can divide the face in thirds and it comes out ok. Hairline to center of eye, eye to tip of nose, nose to chin. And the eyes are usually in the center of the head. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong on any of that, but that is what I generally start with.

Good work on the ears. You should really work on her chin next.

Minda doesn’t have a chin. I’m not sure if you are going for human anatomy but you can divide the face in thirds and it comes out ok. Hairline to center of eye, eye to tip of nose, nose to chin. And the eyes are usually in the center of the head. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong on any of that, but that is what I generally start with.

I thought she had a chin. oh well. eye’s are a little above middle varys with age eg. baby, middle and 2000-year-old, top.

Good work on the ears. You should really work on her chin next.

Thanks on the ears. and, once again, I thought she had a chin.

Thanks a lot for the C & C.

Come on man! that chin is the size of a third lip. And ditto on the ears.

Also you have a rather rough rig (alliteraiton is cool) at the base of the forehead.

Well as a fellow begginner I have to say that working on a chin is not as simple as “working on a chin”. The flow of the edgeloops is extremely important in organic modeling. So in order to work out the chin, you are going to have to solve the entire edgeflow of the head. Their is a big post about it on the blender.org homepage.

Go here and then also try some video tutorials like the very extremely wonderful Boby and Nierd speed modeling video and video series.

And remember, when you see kinks in the mesh. Select those areas and try pressing Space and then Smooth. Do this over and over and then pull some vertices around using proportional editting.

Keep at it!

And if you haven’t watched Greybeard’s tutorials, maybe you ought to give them a try as well. They are extremely helpful for us newcomers.

i would love to see a wire-frame image.

Come on man! that chin is the size of a third lip.

I worked on the chin. It’s bigger now.

Well as a fellow begginner I have to say that working on a chin is not as simple as “working on a chin”. The flow of the edgeloops is extremely important in organic modeling.

I have proper edge loops (I think. if I’m wrong, tell me)

But, anyways. I have an update as well as wireframe images.

Attachments

Next post be sure you give a side and front wire. It will give the people who know the edge loop/flow more information allowing them to better help you…I’m not one of those people(kind of ignorant on edge loop/flow).

A little update. Thanks alot for the C & C.

Next post be sure you give a side and front wire. It will give the people who know the edge loop/flow more information allowing them to better help you
jessegp, I’ll post the side and front wires as soon as I can.

Attachments

update. 40 minutes.

Attachments

Part of your problem with the face is the topology, or the layout of faces that… make up the face. Anyways, do a search on this forum for Torq’s a better face tutorial. Granted that isn’t the style of face you are going for, but the topology seen in that tutorial will help you with your troubles immensely.

Nice work so far.
-albert
(might want to get some refs too, they really help!)

The face is pretty unchangable. To do that I (worst case scenario) would have to remake some of the ear and the whole cheek. But I shall still check It out.

Hey, Remix.
After render you can hit F3 to save the render result as an image (you choose format in render buttons).
You don’t need to make screenshots.

I really like the ears you made :slight_smile:

Nebular, thanks a ton. and on the ears, your welcome.
I have a 40-minute update. enjoy.

Attachments

update, half hour.

other than the hands and some changes based on C & C, the upper body is done.

Attachments

SHolders are nonexistent and where is her chin? Breast should “Hang” Lower. ALso, Move the neck back

SHolders are nonexistent and where is her chin? Breast should “Hang” Lower. ALso, Move the neck back
I added some shoulders, made the chin more promenent, and as for the breast should hang lower, I don’t want to make the breast too low because she is going to have softbody. BTW, I moved the head and neck back.

Attachments