CG character, Minda.

Would you mind showing a couple of profile/portrait shots? Also with wires etc.

One criticism I have is, depending on the image of the final model in your head of couse, that the spine protrudes too far out at the moment. Convincing ‘humanoid’ creature’s muscles would be very similar to the human muscle structure (unless they had like wings etc) so I suggest looking for human references to get the ideas down then go to town :D.

Also be wary of the whole model and its features becoming flat. I will work in front mode and side mode so long, then when I go to view my model it looks like a triangle from the top lol.

Good work so far though :cool: keep going.

~Misfit

The neck is much better! I think the muscles in the back protrude to far. What I ment about the breast is that if soft bodies were to be applied they would just fall foward. They are, at the moment, Madonna like breasts. They come out of no where. You should smooth out the top of the breast so that it flows a little bit better.

Also be wary of the whole model and its features becoming flat. I will work in front mode and side mode so long, then when I go to view my model it looks like a triangle from the top lol.
My faces are always flat, but I lattice deform them to make them round.

The neck is much better! I think the muscles in the back protrude to far. What I ment about the breast is that if soft bodies were to be applied they would just fall foward. They are, at the moment, Madonna like breasts. They come out of no where. You should smooth out the top of the breast so that it flows a little bit better.
ok.

EDIT: update. half-hour.

Attachments

the breast and back are an improvement, good work

thank you, Framedworld.

edit: update, 30 minutes.

Attachments

Awsome, if you finish this, materials and all, you’ll do something that most people haven’t.

update, 40 minutes.

thank you very much, henrymop, that’s very motovating.
and thanks for the great C & C.

Attachments

update, 50 minutes.

Attachments

1 Like

i like most of the body, but the shoulders seem to be the same from the front and the back. The shoulder blades look much like breasts. Are the arms a little long for the width of the body?

i like most of the body, but the shoulders seem to be the same from the front and the back. The shoulder blades look much like breasts. Are the arms a little long for the width of the body?
I’ll try to edit the soulder blade topology in order to make the necesary
changes to them. and as for the arms, I don’t think their to long.

EDIT: I didn’t yet make the above changes.

Attachments

The palms are to falt, and the wrist is too small. Personally, I would also rethink how the chin and neck falls. Its your character, so I don’t know, but do you want the head to sharply cut to the neck? If you could give us somthing that you are basing this on (a pic or something) or what creature this thing resemble we could all better help you.

The palms are to falt, and the wrist is too small. Personally, I would also rethink how the chin and neck falls. Its your character, so I don’t know, but do you want the head to sharply cut to the neck? If you could give us somthing that you are basing this on (a pic or something) or what creature this thing resemble we could all better help you.

I would have trouble showing her in a picture because no reference
picture for the whole body was used. The only picture used for reference is in
my mind.

The only picture used for reference is in
my mind.

Then my friend, create magic. Sometimes thats all you need.

update, 30 min.

Attachments

I added ONE fingernail. 30 min.

Attachments

update 15 min.

Attachments

don’t forget that feet have bones and an instep. the outsides look a little like they already had socks on. the reat of her is elegant and light, but the feet…oh my!

I did a bit more work on her feet. about 15 min.

Attachments

a word of advice. Don’t try and force the mesh to take on the shape you want by simply moving the vertices that you have made early on. First you want to define the main shape and then start cutting in detail, to some extent. It looks like you have made the basic figure, then tried to add say the bone that sticks out at the ankle by just pulling one of your existing vertices away to try and define the shape.

I shall try that jessegp, but I still have another update on the old feet.

Attachments