CG Cookie contest Zombie Were-Rat

Hi guys this is a work in progress for the CG Cookie Halloween Contest. This chracter is actually something I’ve been thinking about for a while now, so it’s not really as random as it seems at first glance :stuck_out_tongue: This abomination of a rodent is basically a ghoulish foot soldier in a powerfull vampires army. Turned using ancient rituals and risen from the dead with powerful dark magic, he and his breathren will not stop until their masters will has been satisfied.

Done entirely in Blender 2.6, including the textures. Diffuse textures have been hand painted. I’m currently working on appropriate scenery for this guy.

Please let me know what you think, any crits and comments are very welcome.

Attachments

Hi guys, just a quick update on the project for anyone interested. This is a quick render, not much refinement or optimisation done. No textures or anything (except for the rats) I just wanted to get a basic mood set up as weel as an initial frame.

Another update after a night of frantic pumpkin production. I added a little compositing in blender to remove specles from indirect lighting and a few quick effects to give it more of a comic book feel.