CG Generalists and Jr. 3d Artists - Chicago, IL

Alter is looking for Mid to Senior level CG Generalists and Junior 3d artists to join our team. Applicants that specialize in specific areas of CGI (modeling, texturing and especially lighting) are encouraged to apply. We pride ourselves in promoting a collaborative approach and atmosphere to all of our projects while providing our clients with cutting edge solutions to their creative needs. Our 15 years of experience producing striking imagery for print, broadcast, and interactive media utilizing high-end photography, CGI and post production from our arsenal of skills has allowed us to distinguish ourselves within our industry and build an ever-expanding roster of loyal clients.

CGI Generalist Qualifications:

Minimum 3-5+ years of experience producing high resolution CGI content and effects for film/television/commercials or print imagery.

[LIST]

• Advanced working knowledge of professional 3d applications.
  • Zbrush/Mudbox experience is a plus.
  • Experience compositing in Nuke or After Effects is a plus.
  • Experience with tracking software such as SynthEyes, PFTrack, or Boujou is a plus.
  • Experience with dynamics or fluid simulation is a plus.
  • Ability to jump into any part of the production pipeline at an advanced level and possess an above average eye for detail.
  • Must be a collaborative team player.
  • Dedicated to producing high quality, photo-realistic imagery
  • Provide accurate time estimates.
  • Meticulous and organized asset management.
  • Excellent technical and artistic communication skills.
  • Self-motivated and capable of working alone or in a team.
  • Experience with material development, lighting and rendering in a photo-realistic fashion.
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.

[/LIST]

Jr. 3D Artist Qualifications:

[LIST]

• Minimum 1-3 years of experience using professional 3d applications.
  • Proficient in compositing applications such as Photoshop or After Effects.
  • Actively accept and provide feedback to peers, excellent communication skills.
  • Ability to work from photo and video references.
  • Must be a collaborative team player.
  • Dedicated to producing high quality photo-realistic imagery.
  • Self-motivated and capable of working alone or in a team.
  • Willing and eager to learn and adapt.
  • Meticulous and organized asset management.
  • Exceptional visual and technical understanding in producing high resolution CGI assets.
  • Rigging and Animation skills are a plus.
  • Zbrush/Mudbox experience is a plus.
  • Must possess a strong portfolio or reel.

[/LIST]

Please send links to reels, portfolios or websites to [email protected]

Do we have to be based in Chicago, or can we telecommute?

If telecommuting, here is our studio portfolio.
www.studioegan.com

Based in Singapore, freelance telecommute. http://hawkenfox.portfoliolounge.com/

what are the requirements for the job?

I’m curious as to what it is to some extent, live close to Chicago (less than 1hr commute), but no experience since I could never find any business in the region that would bother to hire out of college for CGI or other graphics work. (BAS Graphic Arts 3.68 GPA Robert Morris) Been doing other things for the last 6 years after I graduated since freelancing is anything but steady. (Ironic, isn’t it?) However if there are any other positions that are more entry level (assistant’s assistant?), I might be interested.

Don’t worry too much about pay, I’m not exactly making bank at my current job and would scrounge by if I could get my foot in the door with graphics work somehow. I might be considered “old” for a junior position, but had to do other work to pay for college and could provide a copy of my DD214. As for skills I’m fairly good with PhotoShop, and am stronger at polygon modeling than sculpting or scene building. Been working at teaching myself various software in my spare time - such as Blender, but it’s limited so I don’t have the strongest portfolio at the moment. However I do have some things at ShareCG or Turbosquid if you want my better examples. I don’t know about some aspects of pipeline, unfortunately lacking in experience other than doing things on my own, but as far as I understand every place or person has their own way of doing things and I’d be willing to learn whichever method your workgroup prefers.