CG test

Hi all,
i’ve just finished a little CG-video. Everything (modelling, rendering, compositing, editing) was done with Blender. The motion tracking was done with Icarus. Would really like to get some feedback.
Alex

link: http://vimeo.com/23978056 (password: cg)

Neat. I liked the overall music - it sounds kindof like Inception. I think if I were modifying it I would make the blacks darker (higher contrast) and shift the color a little bit more orange or green.( color correct). Also might trim up the beginning and the ending or add some titles.

How long did it take to track the shot? it looks like something I’d want to do now :slight_smile:

Interesting. Maybe replace the eye with an electronic “eye” something similar to eve robot in WALL-E
The tracking is good i think but what lets this video down in lighting/ color correction. I don’t feel like the cg is there.

The music is Inception…at least that is what they used in the trailer.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

How long did it take to track the shot? it looks like something I’d want to do now

There were four different shots to track, because of some problems with the focal length each shot took about 2-3 hours to track. Without problems each shot would maybe take half an hour. I used Icarus for the tracking issues.

The racking is good i think but what lets this video down in lighting/ color correction. I dont feel like the cg is there.

You’re right, the lightning / cc is one of the most weak things in this clip. Because of I used Blender for editing and compositing it wasn’t smooth enough to try different things. If you change some curves in the compositor you have to wait a few seconds to see the results. So I wasn’t really motivated to enhance the colors. :smiley: