Cgi(blender)+gaming

since learning this trade have you had any time for gaming or are you the sort that is constantly loading up blender and other software alike to pursue your CG dreams
let people know of how u tackle this situation…
lets make it more open how do you go about working CG along your social/academic/work/family life…

my thought on this is that i’m finding it very hard, as knowing this trade is also overwhelming, i’d also have this balance this out with my university life, family, social, work life(unpaid work at a charity shop)…(the chance to circle around TV with my family is also an addition to my commitments).
lets here from others that into this trade,

how do you balance blender out with your other comitments

Some nights I work on CG projects, some nights I grind in Starcraft 2 (JtheNinja.313 on NA if any of you play). Just depends on what I feel like doing. It does take away time I spend on other things, it is a hobby all to itself. I have the advantage now that I get a lot of practice/experience while in class and at my work/internship, but…yeah, CG is a lot of work. I especially feel like I have time to watch nearly as many movies as I’d like since I’m always gaming or doing CG, but, tbh, that’s what I’d rather be doing. If you feel like your brain is going crazy from too much CG crap, call it a day and go play some video games. If you’d rather do something, do something else. For most CG artists, it’s done at least somewhat out of love. The pay and hours in CG work are only so-so, and the job stability is usually pretty far to the mediocre side. So if you don’t enjoy going to work/class, this industry will chew you up pretty quickly.

people nowadays live so many lifes it begins to feel like a videogame…

I keep gravitating back and forth among a number of hobby interests, like programming, gaming, blender, movies, music, poetry etc and pestering people with common interests in similar forums. Family or job? I wish they came with a forum too…

I wouldn’t call annoying the crap out of Mario each and every day, “etc” !

hahaha
hahaha