CGTalk Challenge XVI - GRAND SPACE OPERA

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=178327

Any takers?:slight_smile:

Sounds interesting, but alas wouldn’t be able to join anyway because I can’t really produce completely flawless photoreal images yet. And when in CGtalk there’s no room for mistakes or flaws.

I’m SO there.

Good luck to everyone that enters!

Cheers,

b01c

I can’t help thinking “oh god not another sci-fi based contest” frankly.

They really need some imagination and not another “photorealistic” (ironic given the fact no one knows what an alien looks like) alien planet with ever bigger guns and other nonsense.

Hey, Blender is not one of the prizes. And to think I can’t afford it yet…so damn expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

i liked the last contest, the “FX Wars”. it gave me ideas. this one i get the same idea that Kid Tripod has.

I might be in…so many ideas popping in my head!

Sounds interesting.

Shard

Me too mate, will be good to go head to head with you again mate.

I thought of you as soon as I saw the comp, go for it mate I think you have a very good chance.

Good luck to all in this one.

Sonix.

I’m definetely not participating to this one.

.b

hmmm. maybe. im not good yet in massive scenes.

Why does that not surprise me? :wink:

X-Warrior, I guess that’s your cup of tea!

so has anyone here actually started working on this contest?

Only on prelim ideas, nothing on paper yet. Need to finish some other projects first unfortunately.

Sonix.

I think I have my idea worked out and should have some sketches by the weekend.

Shard

I thought of you as soon as I saw the comp, go for it mate I think you have a very good chance.

Good luck to all in this one.

Sonix.[/quote]

Hehe tx guys…I already have drawn a sketch…gonna post on cgtalk soon.

Basse: c’mon that is sooo your style! :smiley:

I’ve been working on a GSO for the last 2 freakin’ years, I have to enter ! :stuck_out_tongue:
[cracks knuckles and prepares to greeble]

I started getting some sketches, but i havn’t done much.

I don’t have any hope of winning, I know, but I though it would be an interesting project.

I will be posting some WIP here for critiques later.

im going to participate. now i only have to get an idea.

Well, ima sayin that I’ve entered this. I figure y not… worse thing that can happen is I’ll take any kind of rep Blender has with these guys down the drain with me! LMAO :smiley: haha