Chaacter modeling 2.....

hey guys i was on cgtalk and noticed Character Modeling 2 from ballistic. it featured gears of war.i was just wondering if it can be applied to blender

wtf!!!

probably, the theory remains quite simmaler no matter what app you are using

Nah.:no:

I heard those Gearz O War fellers use a special modeling technique that can only be applied to special software that can only be purchased by special people who are only given one copy which only last for duration of one cow’s lifespan.

Sad but true.:stuck_out_tongue:

Of course it can be applied in Blender! modeling techniques can always be applied to any modeling package (unless that package misses even the most basic of modeling tools)
But i found that those ballistic modeling books don’t explain the process that well… at least not good enough to buy the books.
The good thing about the books is that the results look amazing… but they wont teach you how to get those results… just the methods they used, which are just basic modeling found in any other decent tutorial (which are free !)

I did like a few of the wireframe shots of the character models, but they didn’t show much more then what you could have figured out for yourself.

Of course it can be applied in Blender! modeling techniques can always be applied to any modeling package (unless that package misses even the most basic of modeling tools)

Apart from n-gons. (until blender 2.50 :slight_smile: )

yeah, true :stuck_out_tongue:
imho N-gons is the biggest feature blender is currently missing, but seeing as this (and a shitload of other stuff) is coming in 2.50 in my mind i already think of it as part of blender :wink: