Challenge #1000 "1000… (e.g. 1000 sample, 1000 pixels,...)" (1908/22) Entries CLOSED

1000 Dead Ends

Pure, Blender 3.2.2

My first time in these contents as well. I made a 80x45 maze with exactly 1000 dead ends in it. (It took a few tries to find the right seed.) I found it easier to generate the maze then to make it look good. (I wanted the image to be clear enough that people could solve it, but also make it look like it was made in Blender.)

11 Likes

Attack of the C(l)ones

1.000? I think so - count it :slight_smile:

Still little to no time right now, but I really wanted to contribute to the 1000 :slight_smile: Pure.

5 Likes

Here’s my entry - Construction Site - Pure, Cycles

It’s a rush to get the 1000-bulb-box marquee ready for the contest, so working late into the night my little yellow freestyle guys are back to help - although to be pure, I had to recreate them. The only external element is the license plate created in MSPaint. Also as an economy measure in these trying times, and due to supply chain issues - we left the contrasting bulb boxes empty rather than using a separate colour of bulb. (Technically 1001 boxes, I guess, if you include the tester box on the ground)

I finally added a video card (RTX 3060 V2)to my system and I have to say, it’s refreshing to generate this picture in 3 minutes when I tweak it, rather than waiting 20 or more minutes each time with the CPU. However it does encourage endless multiple tweaking.

8 Likes

A Thousand 1,000s

pure
100% blender, 100% procedural
all geometry is geometry nodes
procedural starry background recycled from a previous project
cycles, 450 samples
there are 1000 little "1,000"s that draw up “#1,000”

2 Likes

How did you manage to create exactly 1000 dead ends? Did you have to count them every time you changed the seed, or did you use some kind of script?

3 Likes

@mem_dixy Not sure how you made this but I just did a quick count and there are exactly 1000 dead ends in this maze, indeed. (I consider a tile with three walls and only one entry a ‘dead end’.) :wink:

8 Likes

Cubenado in Suztown

Pure
A tornado of 1000 default cubes passes through a town of 1000 Suzannes.

1000 cubes particles over the time of the animation. I wanted to have the tornado blow the Suzannes around but no time work on this more.

Tornado based on this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBk7YSfJLOw

3 Likes

Title: The 1000
Pure entry, cycles render.

So this is an apartment complex whose address is 1000 and comes with some nice amenities for its guests that justify the name. There are about one thousand objects in this scene. Make sure you step back a little to get a proper viewing.

5 Likes

But the question is, can they justify the outrageous prices? :money_mouth_face:

“The 1000” doesn’t sound like a very cheap place…

1 Like

At least where I live, it seems like $1000/month is a good deal for a one-bedroom apartments these days.

3 Likes

1000 Faces (non-competing)

Pure, Eevee, Made of 1000 faces.

1 Like

I suppose it would be, assuming it’s in dollars, and it’s monthly like a normal apartment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I wouldn’t make assumptions about a place named “The 1000”.

Heh no I did not count them manually. Though I am impressed @Helge was able to count to 1000 so quickly. (Thanks Helge for verifying that there are indeed 1000 dead ends.) I wrote a script that counted the same way though. Each cell with 3 walls on each side was a dead end.

How I made it was I first wrote a Python script to generate a maze using ASCII characters. (I used the Growing Tree algorithm.) That took me the first 2 days. The next day I spent trying to generate cubes without having hidden faces. Last day was spent trying to make it look decent and then render the scene.

Here I’ll upload the file for those that are interested. I initially had these as two separate scripts, but I tried to clean them up and merge them. (Only a little abuse of global variables.) When run outside of Blender it prints the maze as ASCII (and then crashes because no bpy import) and when run inside Blender it generate the maze as a mesh.

maze.py (11.9 KB)

5 Likes

I’ll put my little guys onto counting the dead ends, just to check…

9 Likes

Ha wow nice. And that maze looks better then mine too heh. I love it.

Python did help a little in this endeavor.

Thanks for sharing. A-maze-ing! :slight_smile:

Nice one, I wonder what number they will come up with.

5 Likes

Each vote is worth a thousand words. Check it out:

1 Like

Really quick - subdivide, select some squares and extrude, bevel, colour, shade smooth… and Array so it looks bigger than the camera field of view… Then copy the two guys from my picture… :slight_smile:

If they’re like some contestants on Amazing Race they’ll probably take all day and multiple tries.

3 Likes

Only 640 light bulbs :(, techniqually 641 if you count the one on the ground and 645 if you count the truck as well. I would have voted if there were 1000 bulbs… Good job though!

Well, as I said when I posted - there’s 1,000 boxes, but instead of a contrasting colour of bulb, for the contrasting colour those boxes were left empty due to supply chain constraints and because of budget issues. But 1,000 boxes meets the criteria.

1 Like