Challenge #1001 "Black sheep" (26/08/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1001 for Friday 26th of August 2022 is:

Black sheep

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 29, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Dark One

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Surviving Members

Open and lazy entry, taken from my current CGboost challenge project. Made in Blender 3.2.

4 Likes

BaaBaa Black Sheep

Non-competing (open)

Cycles, 256 samples, 250 frames, hdri lighting, [Productioncrate ($) VFX, muzzle flashes, smoke, clouds], ocean modifier, landscape generator, planes are new, Davinci Resolve Studio ($) for compositing

First thing that popped into my head. One of my favorite shows growing up. The US Marine black sheep squadron still exists though they are now transitioning to the F-35 fighter. I wanted something a little older and in my imagination was a South Pacific battle.

7 Likes

Lamb Stools

Open, Blender 3.2, Cycles

Plants and floor texture from Blenderkit, painting made by me on Midjourney.

19 Likes

“Best in Show” - Open, rendered at 2000 samples. Picture frames are CC0 and model was partially made with HumanGen.

14 Likes

The White Black Sheep

Pure, EEVEE 16 samples, blender 3.2

The sheep’s wool, the tent ropes, the sheep’s tails, the clouds, the grass, and the rocks are geometry nodes. The landscape is the built-in A.N.T. Landscape Generator. The wool in the bags, the sheep’s faces, and the sheep’s snouts are metaballs. The sheep’s legs, the bags themselves, and the tent are poly-modeled.

Can you find:

• Suzanne
  • A Tent
  • 3 bags full of black wool
  • the white black sheep
6 Likes

Not sure if I should enter, but what the heck, I didn’t pick this topic.

Here’s my entry, “Well-Dressed Bad Boy”. Pure, Cycles. (with cycle, too).

This week’s learning experience was patchy mist.

10 Likes

This looks like The Artist Formerly Known as Prince to me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Inspiration comes in many forms. “Black sheep” made me think of someone riding a motorcycle in a leather jacket, then I thought - there’s a more iconic picture sort of like that, hence the homage. :smiley:

2 Likes

Purple Rain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Title: Family Portrait

Pure. Blender 3.2.2 Cycles.

9 Likes

“Blacksmith”

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.2.2

9 Likes

Family photo
Open, cycles, 512 samples, optix, rendertime <1min., all made in blender except i used pictures and textures from various sources, the family is painted in blender.

With an investigating look you should spot the 2nd black sheep too :smiley:

black_sheep11.blend (253.2 KB)

6 Likes

Sometimes I feel like…

Pure, Blender 3.1.2, Eevee.

6 Likes

The Sheepzanne (non-competing)

Pure, Eevee
A breakthrough in science - the Sheepzanne. It is a mix of a sheep and Suzanne.

4 Likes

Curséd image. I cannot unsee it! :wink:

2 Likes

Ready to count some sheep?

1 Like

Addicted to the densoiser?

Hope the nightmares aren’t too bad :grin:
I just wanted to contribute something and finished it in less than an hour :wink:

1 Like

Yes! Finding a few strange denoising settings was so much faster than creating all the things I planned to add but didn’t have time for. :wink: