Challenge #1002 "TRAIN" (02/09/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1002 for Friday 2nd of September 2022 is:

TRAIN

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 5, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Trainer III

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope people really think out of the box on this one- the band Train, for instance, or train as a verb, or the train of a dress… lots of possibilities :smiley:

1 Like

Steam Engine Internals
Unfinished, Non-Competing
Unexpected trip took too much time.

The linkage is jank because I did my math wrong, and by wrong I mean I didn’t do it. :upside_down_face:

Old

Me and Booleans really don’t get along in Blender

7 Likes

Forgotten Underwater Memories

7 Likes

I hope a big tube of burn ointment comes with it :smiley:

Source

7 Likes

awesome detail good work

:smiley:
It is not an entry, just an topic example what you can make. I am not nearly able to do such an render, and i think there are few to none to do this in such a short time.

Normally entries should marked with PURE, OPEN or WIP. Take a short look on the rules at top.
And welcome to the Weekend Challenge.

Nice start, you could simply improve it with using as fog cube or a mist pass to hide the plain background.
Maybe some underwater plants and a Deep of Field.

1 Like

PURE “steam era”

Cycles 256s

15 Likes

Pure, first timer here, looks pretty fun!

16 Likes

Surroundings were done pretty lazy :wink:

@Bjorn Welcome on Board!

That’s my preferred way of getting entries done. Focus on the main details, add a snail and hide everything else inside the DoF blur. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Passing Through

Pure entry, made in Blender 3.22 Cycles.

10 Likes

Here’s my entry, pure cycles - NYC Street Scene:

I couldn’t come up with anything clever so I just did a street scene, reminiscent of the days when we could travel… This week’s work was “fun with arrays”, since I used it so many times.
I ran out of things to do to embellish this, and restrained myself from adding more little yellow guys. Brick texture from Blender itself.
I downloaded the flag, plus a pair of street graffiti photos I tidied up in GIMP.
Bonus points for spotting the tiny Suzanne if you can.

10 Likes

Nice, i like the lightning and the story in the sky. Got my vote :smiley:
Btw, turn off the shadow for the wagon labels :wink:

Pure (Cycles) “Out Of Service”

6 Likes

Post disaster age
Pure, cycles, 256 samples, optix denoiser, rendertime < 10 sec., all made in blender, used mist and glare in the compositor, the “Sailer” is just a quick blocky one.

train16.blend (2.4 MB)

8 Likes

Title: Grrrrrr

Pure. 3.2.2. Cycles

8 Likes
1 Like