Challenge #1002 "TRAIN" (02/09/22) Entries CLOSED

Train Hard or Go Home (Non-Competing)

Pure, Eevee

5 Likes

Wooden Toy Train

Non-competing (Open)

One of my old models I made for my 3d school assignments but new render with new textures and background.

11 Likes

The TRAIN GODS approve of this demonstration. Well done my children.

2 Likes

I made a modern, kinda scifi train.
Modeled with Hardops, so i quess its open.
The textures on the train are procedural, the landscape uses textures from www.cgbookcase.com.

11 Likes

(T)Rain-Spotting

non competing(pure), Cycles, Blender 3.2.2

13 Likes

train spotting is a pretty good movie, I would recommend

1 Like

Btw, turn off the shadow for the wagon labels :wink:

Yes, still learning. I copy labels or stuff from A to B (actually to multiple places) then tidy up to parent the copy with the new object (other car) and “poof” it goes flying off to the middle of nowhere. Then I have to grab it and move it back. I missed pushing it closer to the surface. I guess I need to learn to do “A” and “apply all transforms” regularly.

Another fun thing I’m learning to play with is shrinkwrap.

And now you’ve told me I can turn off shadows with objects - something that’s been a pain when I put a big backdrop behind a scene and the objects cast shadows on the “horizon”.

1 Like

I barely got started ( non-entry )

6 Likes

Retired Express

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I wanted to model a locomotive as well, but ended up running out of time.

12 Likes

The Great Pacific Railway

Pure, Blender 3.3rc, Cycles 128s

I reused and modified cloud generator from previous project.

The locomotive is based on the Union Pacific’s Big Boy, the largest steam locomotive ever built. The locomotive number listed, 4014, is the number of the only remaining operating Big Boy in existence. Seven other Big Boys survive on static display around the US.

The tree is the built-in sapling tree generator, the tracks are geometry nodes, the sky is procedural, and the grass is the new (3.3) hair system.

Wait a minute… Who’s driving that thing?!

Suzanne: All Aboard! Hmm… maybe I need to build a tender and a passenger coach…

8 Likes

TRAIN eh

very Open
im happy to do this tut! i saw it long very long time ago! and now i uderstand waht he is doing :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

“It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” (Rocky Balboa)

Now, back to training voting! :wink:

2 Likes