Challenge #1003 "hologram" (09/09/22) Entries CLOSED

Upps, sorry! But go for it! Time’s plenty! And there’s still one hollow gram left!

You could still try to beat this one by creating a Holo-Ton. :wink:
(Or 1 Roosendaal if you are up to that challenge.)

2 Likes

Nope, i already set my mind on a Blade Runner 2049 Scene. Looks like lot of work but i cut it down somehow.

2 Likes

One daal… is that a quarter of 2,467 stones? Or closer to a broken pint?

1 Like

That is actually hard to tell. There could be a connection to Indian soup as well. :wink:

2 Likes

You look lonely
Open, cycles, 256 samples, open denoiser, rendertime <1min., all made in blender except the joi and k are from a screenshot.

Previous

Did anyone know a trick to get a nice big glow for color emissions in fog, i cant figure it out :thinking:
If i turn emissions up they all get white.
hologram_br2049_14p.blend (929.9 KB)

Reference

7 Likes

Yesssss! :star_struck::mechanical_arm:

Relevant Tutorial :+1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGOBUMKUow

2 Likes

Pure, cycles It’s Your Move

If a wookie can play holographic chess, so can a monkey…

14 Likes

I guess, holograms don’t pull people’s arms out of their sockets when they lose. :wink:

4 Likes

PI

Pure

8 Likes

I’m calling it: The Bounty ( addons and smart materials used, so I think open, but all Blender with no post processing )

15 Likes

I found this - from a video on how to make transparent glowing objects.
(Forgot to bookmark)

And then this - how to make emissions glow with a halo…

So… we learn something new every week…

2 Likes

It appears I got my submission in just in time. There are hints of these rings in my submission(3.2, I think?). After upgrading to 3.3, a Cycles render gives this result. At first I thought the rings seem to be centered on a point light over the robot head. But I move the point light with no change - they a “camera” artifact centered on the lens direction? Maybe the idea is you can tell the version of the Blender install by counting the rings?

4 Likes

Unless you actually uninstalled 3.2 it’s probably still in your blender foundation folder.

In order to sort this one out you could download the portable zip versions of Blender 3.2 and 3.3 from here: https://download.blender.org/release/

Those don’t need to be installed, so you can have several versions running on the same system at the same time. If the issue persists, this could be worth reporting it as a bug.

1 Like

I think the default behavior of the installer these days is to make a new folder and leave the old one in tact, so if on Windows, there shouldn’t be a need to use a separate zipped version.

I didn’t know that. Disk space must have become quite cheap over the past few years. :wink:
I’ve been using the portable version for years now, but I’m running it on Linux anyways.

1 Like

Pure, cycles

Make our calls thanks to a hologram bracelet, which has never dreamed of it.

15 Likes

Creations

Made the holograms a little more holographic.

Pure entry, made in blender 3.3 Cycles. I put more work into the context than the holograms themselves. I wanted to capture the scientific aspect of the topic.

4 Likes