Challenge #1004 "Mochi cute" (16/09/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1004 for Friday 16th of September 2022 is:

Mochi cute

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 19, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Glutinous Rice

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Help! Is there a @blenderguru tutorial out there? Mochi with geometry nodes or something?! :joy::scream:

They are too sweet, i bought some last days for a sushi cooking. And too chewy. Maybe not to bad for a tea ceremony with real bitter tea.

Really, do not mess with a mochi maker, the have really big ones :smiley:

2 Likes

I am a bit confused. Is mochi cute a toy to squezze or food? Or anything that can be chewed?

Mochi is a Japanese rice cake. Cute is an adjective. It is up to you as an artist to interpret the two combined.

1 Like

‘Snack Time’

Pure(The wood material and HDRI are from Polyhaven but I think it still counts)
Went for photo-real, did not get photo real. I did crash Blender so hard I had to restart my computer, so that’s fun.

6 Likes

Colorful Diner

Pure entry, blender 3.3 Cycles.

10 Likes

Yummy Mochi (non-competing)

Pure, Cycles

10 Likes

I can’t choose

Open, cycles

hi everyone, it’s been a bit but finally I got some time again for Blender :heart:

I was wondering if you guys would like to use the weekend challenge to share the making of as well. Because I started working on the challenge and was wondering how to start, I tried Metaballs, basic sphere and cube with modifiers.
I ended up using a sphere and some sculpting for the mesh. The topics are done with basic meshes too. I was using Krita for the textures and the background is a picture I took in Japan a couple of years ago.

There are always a lot of awesome techniques and it might be nice to learn new tricks next to having fun on the topics. Not sure if more people would like that? :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I tried it out of curiosity…the appeal was lost on me. It would make a good comfort insole though.

2 Likes

Nice, the mochi actually look tasty. :slight_smile:

I think it is always fun to see a bit of the “behind the scenes”. You might want to use the “hide details” feature like on the first post to prevent the thread from getting visually too long.

1 Like

Kawaii

Pure

23 Likes

Nice
The background mochi is so shocked, he never saw or heard about a fork :smiley:

1 Like

Pure, cycles - Contemplative Afternoon Tea

The only outside element is the crane picture on the cup and plate, downloaded from the internet and processed with MSpaint. (Plus wood texture and paper texture) When I run out of things to add or tweak, time to post.

I see that “mochi” refers to the pastry, but also to the cute rubber squish toys about the same size. Each are soothing in their own way when it’s time for a break.

15 Likes

This is my mochi plate.toon. I think it’s cute. And pure.

It’s the first time for me to do npr shading and try grease pencil outline. That was great fun!

23 Likes

The Last Mochi
Pure, cycles, 2048 samples, optix, rendertimer <3min., all made in blender except the texture for the knife letters, used an hdri from here https://polyhaven.com/a/brown_photostudio_02
Tried to give the mochi 2 swordbreakers so he stands a chance, but the reflection seem weird or it is not visible enough.

mochi_cute14.blend (693.0 KB)

14 Likes

This is great. I think you nailed it.

3 Likes

Title: I wuv you
Pure entry

7 Likes

Thank you so much @deltaray!

Talking about a nailed Mochi… might be interesting… :rofl: