Challenge #1008 "Unique refreshments" (14/10/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1008 for Friday 14th of October 2022 is:

Unique refreshments

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 17, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Cool Inside

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This one is going to be fun, especially now that we have cycles caustics!

Hopefully I’ll be able to find the time to create an entry this week.

4 Likes

But only stuff you can make in Blender. :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, although it’s something I’ve always wanted to learn, there aren’t many good tutorials on food-related subjects. The ones that do exist are incredibly difficult to find, as anything with “blender” and something edible in it brings up a dozen cooking blogs.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to this competition round.
I wish great inspiration for everyone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Party unique drink…” All shaders are procedural. No image textures.

PURE entry

13 Likes

Delicious Luftwaffles

Pure, Eevee
The Luftwaffles house appears in a brief scene of an episode of The Simpsons.

10 Likes

True, searching for anything about Blender produces many results about those mixing machines.

Tutorials would be helpful but I doubt you need them to do this. Use the knowledge and abilities you have now to make food images. Also, “refreshment” does not have to be interpreted as food or drink.

2 Likes

Bloody Sunrise
Pure, cycles 1024 samples, open denoiser, rendertime <5min, all made in blender, find a nice way to make quick easy droplets with modifier an boolean.

cool_down8.blend (880.6 KB)

11 Likes

Leprerefresh - refresh you’re RNG

open

6 Likes

Strange Refreshment

non competing, Cycles, Blender 3.3.1

previous versions

V1:

16 Likes

Fancy Drinks

Pure entry, blender 3.3 Cycles.

7 Likes

Bloody Beverage

Pure, Blender 3.3 Cycles

8 Likes

Donut Surprise.

The surprise is in the taste, it could be a work of genius or something that needs to be banished from the face of the planet.
It’s one for the brave.
Open entry. The donut was made some time ago.

7 Likes

Unexpected refreshment
unexpectedrefreshment_small
Pure

8 Likes

“Lunch Time at the Kitchen of Good and Evil”

Pure, all Blender 2.69, Cycles render. (Border added in paint.net)

Not my first attempt this weekend. After a few hours of frustration trying to remember things, dealing with a vertigo episode and an 18 inning Mariner’s game, late last night I gave up on this weekend. Then in church this morning I was talking to guy who mentioned a lady that brought the most delicious deviled eggs to his Sunday school class. The inspiration came for the dichotomy of Deviled Eggs and Holy Guacamole. Whipped this out in about 1.5 hours when I got home. Wish I had more time to work on textures.

10 Likes

Zero-G Cocktail - mixers injected into a drink pouch.

Pure - I used an HDRI from Polyhaven but everything else is new. The pouch shape is a cloth sim, with the sides stitched together where I wanted it sealed, then inflated with internal pressure. The syringes use a hook modifier to move the plunger and the top of the liquid inside, and to push the droplet further in or out of the nozzle. The cocktail is a lot of volumetric effects blended together by noisy masks. The text is a texture rendered in another Blender scene. I ported an old shadertoy shader I wrote for physically-based iridescence for the logo text.

Animated version: https://twitter.com/TekF/status/1582075192624713730

10 Likes

Incredible entries so far! I’m really happy with the submissions for this one! :100:

(Non-Competing) Least Unique

I’m taking full advantage of my ability to screw around this one and I did the least unique thing I could think of for my own theme - an “every drink ad ever” submission :laughing:

Looking forward to seeing the rest!

10 Likes

Title: 50 different traces of waste oil!

Don’t eat the nuts at the bar.
Pure. 3.3.1. Cycles.

10 Likes

Tea and Biscuits

(Pure - I used a single wood table texture from polyhaven, but it’s nearly invisible in the final render. I also used an hdri from there, but it’s only used for reflections, and not as a primary source of light.)

This time I challenged myself to quad model everything, and I learned a lot. I’m really happy with the way it all turned out.

Here’s the wireframe. Aside from the fan on the top of the tea itself, there’s not a single triangle.
(Do or do not. There is no tri :vulcan_salute: )

All of the materials are procedural.

I guess it’s unique in the sense that it’s not the first thing most people think of when they hear “refreshments” :wink:

15 Likes