Challenge #1026 "Retro Tech" (17/02/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1026 for Friday 17th of February 2023 is:

Retro Tech

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 20, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: KandiBot

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

We’re going to learn a lot about participant’s age by what they consider “retro” this week :thinking:

7 Likes

I am also curious what retro means to folks. This should be fun. :nerd_face:

When I was a young lad and my parents would dump us at the grandparents farm for the summer, I vaguely remember their ice box. The ice man would come around every morning on a horse drawn wagon to deliver the block of ice. Their farm/ranch was out in the boonies with well water and an out house for the privy. This was in the late 60’s.

Just thinking of what has happened in my life span, tech has advanced a crazy amount. Even with all the advanced systems I ever worked with or around, most have now been retired. I might be retro since I have also been retired.

5 Likes

Cutting Edge Technology

non competing, Cycles, Blender 3.4.1

13 Likes

Retro Farm Kitchen

Non-competing (Pure)

Cycles, 4096 samples, a couple of textures from Poliigon ($), clock is an old cnc pattern from a long time ago, everything else is new.

Took more than a few hours but a really fun retrospect. I love when I can get lost in modeling.

8 Likes

Radio (Pure)
Texture from Poliigon and AmbientCG, Cycles Render, Samples: 70, I used photoshop to create the ( Play, rec… basically everything written in the papers) and everything else was done in Blender.

10 Likes

Might have gone a bit of track, but I think this is retro tech as the Jupiter 2 first took to the skies in 1965 and was way more advance than anything else around at the time. Even more advanced than the mighty Saturn 5.
The current whereabouts of the Jupiter 2 is unknown but it is believed to be lost in space.

I will call it pure as it’s mostly new stuff.

7 Likes

It rings a bell

Open; wall and wood texture, phone screen image and hdri lighting from various sources

10 Likes

Flappy Drive

[Open: The sprites were made in Krita, but all of the layout, shaders, and post-processing were done in blender. ]

8 Likes

Vinyl

Pure entry blender 3.4 cycles

7 Likes

Reflecting on Jazz

Pure, Cycles

7 Likes

Non-compete… Where’s My Flying Car?

We were promised when I was a kid, that by year 2000 we’d all have flying cars (With the George Jetson bubble roof). The robot valet is just a bonus.

Nice thing about non-compete - I get to recycle the robot from a previous picture. The rest is new…

I have a few books of Syd Mead’s art. He used to do these sort of futuristic designs decades ago (as well as designing the Blade Runner flying cars) so I tried to do something in the same vein.

8 Likes

“Retro technologies are changing the past”

open, cycles. Trees and landscape made with the help of addons, some textures are taken from the Internet.

5 Likes

‘‘Less is more’’

Open Blender 3.4 Cycles

6 Likes

SATURDAY NIGHT

pure. cycles

10 Likes

Grab paper and pencil! It’s time to vote:

1 Like