Challenge #1037 "Cosy Futurism" (05/05/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1037 for Friday 5th of May 2023 is:

Cosy Futurism

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 8, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Pulse

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, This is my entrie for the cosy futurism challenge my entrie is Pure exept for the background image. Hope you like it!

9 Likes

Chillin’

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.5.1

9 Likes

Pure except for window scene. Blender 3.5

6 Likes

Environmental change

pure, non-competing

4 Likes

oh snap, you know, I didn’t even check the theme, but I did this today, and my homies say they want to live there because it’s cozy, so I guess it actually fits, and I did it within the competition time.

Open entry. I used foliage assets, and some old greebles. The tiny guy infront of the window you probably can’t see, is a model I made several months ago. The clouds in the background are from a picture I took about a month ago. It was a lovely day. I hope you all have a lovely day. Cool entries so far! looking forward to seeing the rest!

14 Likes

Flying Toilets and Fertile Fields

Pure entry, blender 3.5 cycles. Lots of nice entries!

3 Likes

Future home

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

By making this I realized my idea of a cozy home is a computer, a 3D printer,… and THAT’S IT.

Not sure if I need to go out more or less often now. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Space station apartment - non-competing, open.

I chose this topic because it’s something I love, and it inspired me to spend a lot of time making this scene!

Most of the decorations are from polyhaven. The bedding and moogle are cloth sims. Most of the rest of the scene is simple hard surface modelling. The person is a 3D scan of my wife - my first attempt at scanning a person and it came out so good!

I’m so pleased with how the moogle looks (though I forgot to give them wings!) I just needed something to fill a space and now it’s one of my favourite things in the scene!

7 Likes

DIY pillow

Open, Cycles 2048 samples, Blender 3.5

A little wall of a room with a delta-style 3d printer printing the zillionith Suzanne, a few pillows, including one illuminated with LEDs and one under construction(under the chair). Both chairs are 100% procedural, from the exact same node group, just different parameters and a cube to specify the dimensions. The tables are procedural as well. Carpet is the new hair curves (a modified quick fur). @Millani I like the 3d printer. I hadn’t seen your entry when I modeled mine, after a futuristic version of a delta-style printer. The image on the smartphone is actually my render from #1005. The table generator is reused with modification, several materials, and a couple of level geometry node groups were reused. I tried to make a blanket, but I couldn’t figure out how to do cloth (or any physics) sim, so there is a lack of one. Any feedback would be apreciated! I won’t change my entry from feedback, don’t worry. :wink:

4 Likes

Dream lifter 5000

Pure eevee

I once saw on The Simpsons how they only had metal chips in their mouths and could taste and see and feel emotions with them. That’s why this is a glimpse into their head where there is a mountain with clouds at sunset cozy… I saw this thing with the picture in the head somewhere here and found it fascinating! I tried to do it too, but friends tell me creepy things when I ask them what they see in this picture. Sometimes I wish I could look at my pictures from someone else’s perspective.

4 Likes

Nice coincidence. I’m sure this one will catch a few votes. :slight_smile:

Why would you go outside? Last time I checked, there were no computers and 3d-printers out there. :wink:

Feels like a bold decision to hang the dartboard right next to a space station window. :wink:

I tried that once - and all I got were some strange looking aliens. Maybe I should try again some time.

5 Likes

The glass is a solid block about 10cm thick, I think it’s safe!

I used Polycam for this, it’s easier than other tools I’ve seen.

1 Like

Hey, did you use decals for the walls it looks very realistic. Just curious.

1 Like

Funny you ask, I almost put these decals on, but decided I liked it more without them.

(not an entry just showing)
No decals in the final image, just a material with some edge detection and AO to help separate objects blend. The grungey bits/plate gaps that aren’t geometry, are from an image texture I painted a couple months ago. Some of the very subtle plates you can see are actual geometry. as is more evident in a viewport view.

(also not an entry)
I intentionally made the texture very subtle and understated when I painted it, too much contrast on a texture can totally ruin scale. If you do have a texture you want to use that’s too contrasty for the scale/distance you need, the bright/contrast node can help. It can also make things brighter to force the appearance of atmospheric scattering if you can’t get a volume node or mist pass to look perfect, or if you can’t use them because render time / dont feel like compositing.

5 Likes

Are you sure you weren’t mistaking an alien as a human … ? :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi all, here is my entry for this weeks challenge. Do with Cycles in 3.5, 50 samples with denoise. It’s open, the person is for makehuman, and the back ground scene I got off the internet. Hope every one likes it.

4 Likes

That could be part of the reason. I was using Meshroom - and not really knowing what I was doing. + It was a little difficult to persuade the volunteers to stop jumping around for a moment.

As I was involved in the making of both, my original test subjects and their 3d representations,
I’m pretty sure they aren’t aliens (most of the time). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Voting is open. Determine the future right here: