Challenge #1046 "Primal" (07/07/23) Entries CLOSED

Their Greatest Album

Open entry, made in blender 3.6. Once again, my ambition teams up with my laziness. Primal sounded like the name of a rock band to me. This is what one of their album covers would look like.

6 Likes

Love the little face. It’s really got character.

1 Like

Glad you like it :slightly_smiling_face:

I was going for baby-ish ugly cute, although the final facial expression was somewhat accidental.

I have tentatively named them “O G Cuteness”.

2 Likes

Whether it was an accident or not, it really looks great. You could make a feature film about OG Cuteness.

1 Like

Early Days

Not the most hospitable place our early home.
Everything is new except for the Moon and foreground rocks. I will call it an open entry.

11 Likes

Here’s my entry, Game On!

Pure, cycles. The wood grain is actally a distorted wave texture… Suzanne’s had a little plastic surgery too. And some illegal steroids, it seems.

9 Likes

Primal Computer

A Timex Sinclair 1000 computer, using a TV as a monitor. 34 columns x 24 rows B&W text display, Z-80 microprocessor running at 3.25 Mhz, 2K system ram. Used a portable cassette recorder as a mass storage device.

Some really great ideas and entries!

Randy

10 Likes

no 16kb extension pack? :smiley: hilariously enough, I actually still have my zx1 about somewhere, made for a great doorstop :grin: no clue if it still works, though.

1 Like

I tossed my Commodore PET 2001 in the garbage when I moved in 2007 - I looked on eBay and they were going for $5 (!). Shipping of that weight of computer would cost far more than that. But I also found it had a failing memory cell. By using machine language monitor, I determined that when I poked a particular memory cell one bit failed to take, was always zero.

1 Like

lol… yep, i remember the PET. :smiley: i don’t know what i did with all my computers in the interim (various commodores, tandy coco, amiga, etc) … just the sinclair has managed to stay with me through all the decades.

3 Likes

Primal task done, let’s move on to voting:

1 Like