Challenge #107 Voting CLOSED

S68 - Thanx for close up, palm tree is really good, but close up also shows that brick texturing is weak… bricks are too big. and oddly placed.
Yeah, what can I say, there wasn’t alot of time spent on textures. I agree that the closeup reveals my dark secret. From a distance your brain just makes up all the missing and poorly aligned bits. If you look closely, about half way down you can see a thin strip of grass and dirt cutting into the water…oops.

Can you comment on lighting?
You were right the first time. I tried the ambient occlusion method before the end of the challenge but my computer froze so I just said “to heck with it”. I think it would have involved changing the time until the screen saver kicked in so you can see that would have been too much hassle. I’m quite fond of all the sharp lines left behind by the multiple spotlights, if you know a good way to get rid of these pass it along.

Prince - I love the palm tree leaves though (did you use sprites or actually make those?) but the truck was a little off and the texture was horific! It looks as if you used the same one as the pyramid just tubed to the trunk! uv mapping would have made it much better!

Yes, the palm leaves are sprites. This was actually the starting point of the model, and my inspiration for finishing. The palm trunk you say… ahh… errr…uhmm…cough…cough…I am willing to neither confirm or deny these allegations.

I admit not the strongest entry ever in the WC but where is everyone? Aren’t there usually about three times as many entries. Must be summer holidays. Oh well, I might never win again so let me enjoy this one.

Yes, but this tends to happen when the topic is very specific, as this one is. Note that the number of votes is within the normal range for a WC. If you want to see lots more entries next week, pick a topic that’s broader and more open to interpretation. Of course, as the winner, that’s entirely up to you. 8)

-Raseri

ouch. i think i lost.

Yes, but this tends to happen when the topic is very specific, as this one is. Note that the number of votes is within the normal range for a WC. If you want to see lots more entries next week, pick a topic that’s broader and more open to interpretation. Of course, as the winner, that’s entirely up to you. 8)

-Raseri[/quote]

hey! the battle isn’t over yet! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

I still believe in you @ner! You can do it!

Winner: Tamarin with 69% of the votes

Congrats!

Martin

Congrats man.
Please pick a more open ended topic so that I will have some meaning to my weekend lol.

jay-eff wrote

ouch. i think i lost.

when you have only 4 or 5 people, chances are pretty good that you will be either first or last. :stuck_out_tongue: