Challenge #1082 "After the Fall – Civilization Reborn" (15/03/24) Entries CLOSED

I feel like your entry is the essential open entry, and that most of us have hijacked the open entry to mean: It was done in blender, but most of the models were already made, either by us, or someone else. My feeling towards AI vary, I see no problem with your entry, on Facebook, however, all the AI entries result in me blocking the channel, since they are done for dishonest reasons. I understand that if you this professionally you will not work unnecessary hours to create materials and textures when AI can do that for you.

I thimk it was interesting to see the result and to read about the technique.:blush::+1:

1 Like

Lost in Space

Blender 4 cycles pure entry.

7 Likes

I made a picture once with the 2001 apes where the monolith was replaced with a Walmart pickup tower.

1 Like

Barbariana

Pure, Cycles. Background is a downloaded hdri.
I’ve decided to model the most probable scenario when our civilization is reborn… a stunning woman riding on a wolf while wielding a machine gun :grin:
It is Barbariana from the movie Kung Fury.

5 Likes

I’m glad you got it. Wasn’t sure that anyone would.

If that’s not civilization then I don’t know what is.

I suppose it resembles more of a Mad Max-style civilization… rough yet functional and somewhat organized.

Title: “Just After They Fell”

Pure.
I made some time yesterday to go back and work on my first idea. This image popped into my head just after reading the first part of the prompt (After the Fall), and I didn’t notice the rest at that time. I prefer this one to the rushed ant image, because it’s the first idea, pure, and doesn’t require people to understand the reference.
Edit* Changed the pose slightly, and GIMPed out a little lump on the mushroom cloud that I didn’t like.

7 Likes

Don’t be sorry! :slight_smile: AI is an interesting topic on many levels. As with other open entries, as long as there is a description of what is new and was done in Blender and what is coming from other/external sources, everything is fine. And usually everyone can still learn a thing or two.

4 Likes

Last Tree

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

5 Likes

yay, you did it!

2 Likes

Indeed! I actually, wasn’t sure if I’d find the time this week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the Weekend – Voting Reborn: