Challenge #1086 "-ship" (12/04/24) Entries CLOSED

If you made this in 3 hours I would argue that it is enough. :wink:Very cool :star_struck::clap:

1 Like

Airships - Open

Assets from Polyhaven, and the Botaniq and Procedural Crowds add-ons.

12 Likes

Citizenship

Pure

Citizenship: it’s a strong word but challenging. Not sure if I did it justage.

Anyway, I had to put the textures etc. of the all the citizens into one material, because GeoNodes-SetMaterial does not work well with instances. On the other hand that gave me the opportunity to distribute some of the attributes (like metallness and roughness) not completely random but use cloud-noise instead.

10 Likes

I would guess that some of your assets are very high poly, maybe you can reduce that somehow, like decimate, or reduce your subdivision levels. I had this happen to me once, on a relatively simple scene. And I have a Ryzen 7 with 32 gigs of ram.

I’ll try to decimate, tried lowering subdivision modifiers, but that was in vain, and my PC is just a Ryzen 3 and 16 gigs of RAM, so it’s obvious that not every scene can be rendered.

Thank you ‘fcharr’ for your reply, I appreciate it very much!

1 Like

In my case the thing that usually causes my renders to take way too long, like 10 hours, is when blender runs out of ram and starts using the ssd.

1 Like

While there are talks about better renders, I wouldn’t do it.

@Oleg_Zelnin I like your entry as is…

Randy

2 Likes

Thank you. If you consider that I was making and baking fluid sims on my PC while box-modelling and sculpting the seahorse on my laptop, it’s not that impressive.

Thank you Randy!

1 Like

The fellowShip of the Ring.

—PURE—
(with some help of people in the comments, thanks!)

By some reason I can’t edit my previous post, that’s why I post this one.

7 Likes

Addons and post processing were used…

10 Likes

Interesting design! If you seal the windows and turn the ship upside down, it would also make a great underwater sightseeing cruise ship for tourists. :fish:

:wink:

12 Likes

Why seal the windows!? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Pretty disappointed in the lack of puns, but maybe I’m the only dad, or at least, the only one who likes “Dad jokes”.
So… I had a few minutes free in the office today - no access to Blender, but I had access to an AI image generator, so I generated one pun.
1000 points to the person who can guess the pun…
(a little hint: it’s supposed to be an armoured ship)

(non-competing)

6 Likes

Still no time for CG. Idea: Batman’s ship. Title: Bat-ship Crazy.

1 Like

I flip-flopped and flopped totally on this one. :sob:

My first idea was friendship, a short animation of a character & it’s pet. Then I thought about a ‘christening a ship’ comedy short animation.

Then I went back to the character & pet idea, and don’t have the time to finish a good entry. So here’s my non-competing entry:

They were supposed to play a game of fetch, notice the stick behind the character.

Anyway, lots of good entries this weekend!

Randy

6 Likes

hardship, yep, I think it’s hardship

3 Likes

Here’s my entry - OneupmanShip

Pure, cycles…

9 Likes

Did your “christening a ship” comedy idea involve a shattering ship?

1000 points to @fcharr . Don’t spend them all at once.

2 Likes