Challenge #1087 "Dungeons and Dragons" (19/04/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1087 for Friday 19th of April 2024 is:

Dungeons and Dragons

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 22, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Green Monster

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :-

3 Likes

“The Power is in the Dice”

Non-competing. Open.
Old: Wizard’s head and hands from previous challenge, but re-sculpted and painted. Dungeon, sconces, and flame pngs are existing.
New: Wizard’s beard , robes, hat, staff, die and green smoke.

I’ve accidentally made Gandhi.

18 Likes

Prisoner

Open- Textures, mostly from PolyHaven and Blenderkit skeleton.

It seems I have created a fire hazard with those torches. And also with my laptop because I rendered it at 10,000 samples. (The volumetrics still needed denoising rip)

8 Likes

Wait, that’s Gandhi?

I thought it was Herbert the Pervert from Simpsons/Family Guy
Herbert_-_Family_Guy

After I made the post asking for a dragon, I took a trip down blender memory lane and found myself Larry

From the blender 2.4 era

So have dragon, will animate

Randy

Edit - Updating materials and a test pose of the dragon

Nice work @Trentle & @PMDesigns !

9 Likes

:rofl:

Is probably more accurate!
I have a pretty dark sense of humour and was going to make a joke - something about tomatoes - but Gandhi’s dead, so I’ll leave that one.

“Passing” (scene from a stalled project)
see Passing for more about this image.
The work is over a year-and-a-half old, and stalled… so I’m not sure it qualifies as a “Weekend Challenge”… but it seemed appropriate to share it in this context.

pure

7 Likes

the falling wings

Pure

In the mystical realm of Dogons and Dragons, where fate often rests on the roll of dice, the intelligent elf Alathëa has challenged the gods with her sharp intellect and creative solutions. As the Game Master, I declare:

Suddenly, the air trembles, a rumble fills the room. The gods show their displeasure at Alathëa’s audacity. With a loud crash, piano wings materialize above the players’ heads. They plummet down, a test of agility and quick thinking. Will Alathëa find another way out, or will this be the end of her tune?

7 Likes

Painter of Dragons

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.1.1

16 Likes

Daily Commute

Pure, Cycles

11 Likes

Ink on paper. Non-competing.

12 Likes

Plushie and I wanna join too!

Pure

The baby dragon wants to join and studies the rules :heart:
All made with Blender this weekend except the eye texture :dragon_face:

15 Likes

Slime Hydra

Blender 4.1 cycles open entry. The hydra is the model that I sculpted for the urban monster challenge at CGboost. I will shamefully submit this, and the urban monster entry this weekend. I truly suck at sculpting.

12 Likes

“the magic man”
he runs through the night with his mysterious staff.

pure

11 Likes

I just had a look at that CGBoost challenge, and even though it says it must be sculpted, all sculpting starts from a blocking stage. I don’t see why you couldn’t box-model as much as you want, then sculpt the finer details.

1 Like

Open, non-competing.

The Warrior and the Dragon

I know it’s not very good. I had problems with the smoke sim either crashing or locking up blender, wasting too much of my time on it. Finally, last night, I created a new file and appended in the smoke sim, baked it out to disk, then back in the animation file, I pointed the smoke sim at the disk cache, just to get it to work.

Despite the problems, I thought this was a really fun piece to work on. I will probably turn this into a better piece of work with more details/props, better camera angles/staging, and more animation.

Thanks for the topic @PMDesigns

Randy

8 Likes

I did, I even used an armature to pose :wink:

1 Like

It will be considered ‘open’, but it is a valid entry. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my entry -
Spell For a Better Roll

Pure, Cycles.
If you got the power, use it to get a better number.

7 Likes

Because someone had to do it.

“Default Gelatinous Cube”

8 Likes