Challenge #114 Voting CLOSED

I decided on a whim to vote for Plexersheep, because I liked the Daily Caber headline and Nessie’s scottish hat ! :smiley: But it was very close between Monkeyboi and laniru. I think monkeyboi’s fits with the theme best and has a nice range of expressions, but laniru’s really looks like Dubya’s about to say something really dumb…

I think it’s cool how there are alot of varied opinions on which is the best. This one won’t be a “Landslide”.

Robert is famous for basically winning more WC’s then any other member, he wins and it’s Robertt classic challenge once more.
Oh, if you still think Alltaken’s mudpuddle gallery is still down it’s back up.

My favorites are robertT, laniru, Weldertier, bgDM and lived . Hard decision but I will have to go with Laniru again, he must be paying me too much :wink:

I voted for live. awesome work. Mudpuddle is up again :smiley: Yay hope I get a vote

hmmm… one more time, there are many votes I’d like to put in. Anyway: I voted for niknah because I really loved its funny interpratation of the topic. I would also vote for BgDM and IgorSandman if I could.

Question: is it possible to modify phpBB forums in order to get the possibility for RATING a pic rather than simply voting for it? This way we could have more broadwide results and possibly inflence the results for MANY entries instead of just one at once.

It would be so cool IMHO

Agreed. That would defnetly be cool. I think it would be better to sort entries by preference. Otherwise, we would probably have a lot of entries with say 5/5 and the rating system wouldn’t be very necessary. Like you said, the question is: is it possible to implement that kind of thing in this forum? Yet, there are so many things that are planned for years here (like the gallery for instance). A better voting system isn’t realy a priority.
Regards.
-IS-

Some really decent entries this time around friedbrain’s funny,
knightmare’s the whole scene is great, laniru’s reminds me of
claymation, lived’s is really cool and in your face,niknah’s that’s sick in a good way, Robertt’s i like it except for the hands and he doesn’t look serene to me, Weldertier this one i really like can’t say why i just do, and TheChief’s is creepy.

man they are all good.
Never ahd so much problems to decide me !!!

Really good work all

Hmm this is really difficult to decide, with so many great submissions this round !

I think Robertt has the best composition and the proportions of his charakter’s body and face are just perfect. Nice choice of colors, they fit together and make up the mood of the picture.

Jay Eff’s blind man made me giggle. I hope you give him some ears later on ? His right hand also could use some attention, it’s too flat. If there was a category for funniest entry, I’d vote for Jay Eff.

Lived of course got the ugliest entries of them all !
You really know how to scare people. I think the slime in it’s mouth and the thing it does with it’s eye are even more frightening than the tounge.
How did you make that slime puddle that drops off in it’s mouth ? that looks pretty neat. I like the hands, too, but you have to check the position of the pinkey’s. They seem to be painfully bent backwards.

Plexersheep’s Nessie has the most convincing expression, looks really shocked. I also like the “story”, adds a lot to the picture.

The only ones that did stick to the theme “Charakter with expressions” were BgDM, Kåre and Monkeyboi. My vote goes to Monkeyboi’s girl because you can best tell apart the expressions here.

quite a hard call this time, but I guess I will go with IgorSandman. I liked the concept and the use of blur was really effective. The expression worked well, and just a very good overall image.

Wow its the first time I havent voted for Robertt.
Mine went to IgorSandman this week for his excellent lighting and modelling.

I’m going to have to go with Robert, but I liked most of the entries this week.

I vote for IgorSandman…

Really funny pose on this character, it made me laugh… :smiley:

All the rest entries were fantastic too…

YES!!! I got a vote. Thats all I wanted :D.Thanks to who ever voted for my entry. That was my goal for my second Weekend Challenge.

HaHa! Knightmare I thought your baby was great including the title!

Winner: IgorSandman with 17% of the votes

Congrats!

Martin

Dang, now I have 0 votes, I might as well just give up on the WC’s if this is the way it’s going to be for me despite people liking my entries :-?

IF you do that you could stop Blender all together. Just wait for a great theme or keep testing your skills in the Finsihed/WIP boards…

or become an alcoholic (or something to mean I don’t know what to say but I’m sure you’ll get the same responce off everybody - don’t give up just becuase you do badly).

You enjoy doing Blender?
You got much else to do? (ref.> become an alcoholic remark)

Only entered one WC myself… I personally thought it was a great entry (something on basic building blocks of life). I got no votes but it looked cool for it’s 30 minute creation.

Don’t forget all the rubbish people who can’t use blender. They can’t pummp out great looking renders (like me). If more begginer/moderate people joined in you might get more of a looksey… (I didn’t like your character WC… it was terrible)

piece…

Igor, nice going again man. Congrats. Kansas, stick with it. Most of us have had lots of no voters that were nonetheless good. Perservere.