Challenge #17 Voting - CLOSED

Hmm… I wonder how these folks’d cope with Pure Madness? (more info here )

hey, theres always radiosity =) and blenders procedurals can get pretty detailed

hey ectizen, will it also be legal to import a blank white document into blenders image window, and paint our own textures using blenders paintbrush??

If you’re trying to produce an image that would then be loaded as a texture image/envmap, then no, it would not be legal.

Blender has a paintbrush?

yeah blender has a paintbrush… if u load a picture inthe image window, u can press a button in that window that would allow u to paint on the picture =D

on my space entry some of the textures were painted in blender, not in gimp :slight_smile: but of course, if the rules say no images can be loaded, then this is out of the question too, because it need empty image before you can start painting.

i’m not sure yet, if I am going to participate on those purepure-competitions… seem a bit too hard for me… I just love textures… and that’s one of the cornerstones in my modelling. but perhaps I give it a try… who knows.

bgdm: why I’m not allowed? I have never came even close at winning these :slight_smile:

jollygnome: thanks for the kind words! glad to see there’s some one out there that shares the taste of something different… I knew you were out there somewhere… :slight_smile:

9: marge and homer have already headed home… they have kids you know, but this poor ninja have nothing …

thanks again for everyone who voted.

and congrats to gramps! you did it again!

.b

i thought this a bit more… my “nighthawks” entry is puremadness-quality :slight_smile: it doesn’t contain any pictures, or any premade models, and the only postprocess is the text in the bottom… so perhaps I will participate in future :slight_smile:

.b

Yah, it’s called Texture painting and was introduced in 2.14 I think.

Or, you could subdivide heavily a plane and use vertex painting…

Martin