Challenge #255 Voting CLOSED

This week’s theme: Autumn Comes

Pure Entries

• blenditall
    An abstract picture representing autumn. I admit, it’s… experimental. Best viewed from a distance.
    ENTRY IMAGE

• crawler
    A welcoming smile from the favourite time of year,
    Autumnal Dream:
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Jeepster
    Get ready for hibernation
    <<http://dominomf.com/smcfiles/Jeepster%5B%5D_sqil_thumb.JPG>>

• Laurifer
    Four Species
    ENTRY IMAGE

• RobertT
    Autumn’s bane comes again.
    ENTRY IMAGE

• superkoop
    Pure.
    <<http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1876/fallinair2gimpco4.th.jpg>>

Aaaaahhh! So hard!

Jeepster’s rocks! (Squirrels rock! I notice they like my backyard better right after I’ve mowed it :yes:)

RobertT’s as usual is amazing. I was going to vote for it… but it seems too sinister/hurt for me. My feeling toward autumn is better expressed by:

Laurifer’s Feast of the Tabernacles gives me that happy, warm, fuzzy feeling I have for the season. (But I think you should have made his hem blue…)

Kudos!

Even before my entry was complete I knew it was between Jeepster and RobrtT. Very good, both!

The hem is blue. I got the two blues from this picture. I guess my lighting threw it off.

-Laurifer

/me squints at picture

Ah, so it is.
Still, I think it would make a nice impact to have a nice, light blue thread, kind of like my tartan icon next to my name. But anyway…

:smiley:

This week, I must abstain from voting for anyone…

RobertT out in front yet again!
You just keep blowing everyone away with these masterpieces.
Question: How long did that project take from start to finish?
Also are you going for a job in 3d or something?

If I couldn’t vote for RobertT, I would have voted for Laurifer. I know how long it takes to get those hands positioned perfectly. Very well done making it look so natural! Now you just need to work on the composition. It is a very good render, just… not presented properly.

crawler, how did you get that sea-of-ruffles-potato-chips effect on the ground? I like it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Any by the way, the whole point of mine is that it’s 100% blender, I know it’s under pure entries but I’ll just say that again since it look 2d.
I think my vote goes to robertT…

Loved robertTs entry but i kinda liked jeepsters more. I would like to see another angle and effekts in your renders robertT, It looks like your found your style but i dont 100% like it. Though your one of the greatest blenderheads in here i feel your style gets overused by you. So if you read this robertT, i dont dislike your style, but for me all your images looks very alike.

blenditall: Thanks! I voted for you, as I am always happy to encourage artistic experimentation and liberty :slight_smile:

Thanks so much to all who appreciated my entry!

Marsan: Thanks! Yes, I have heard this concern about style arise in another thread of mine. I haven’t settled into any one particular style, and I’d prefer not to do that. What I am doing is consciously trying to build on what is working while learning from past failures and taking new chances, but there is always so much more to learn and retry. I realize people might remember me more for certain projects (especially my recent extended “Reflections” series) and sometimes forget the other things I do. So what I have done is gathered some random links of works I have done since around April 2007 just to show there is a persistent interest in me to try different styles, subjects, and techniques.

morethanpixels-web-byrjt2007.jpg
searchforanswers-wc254-byrjt2007.jpg
coda-web-byrjt2007.jpg
discoveringearth-wc253-byrjt2007.jpg
cutecreatures-byrjt2007.jpg
bwc2007-golgothaprobe-byrjt2007.jpg
enigmatist-byrjt2007.jpg
wc248-byrjt2007.jpg
wc246-giant-byrjt2007.jpg
wc245-allegoryfortheavantgarde-byrjt2007.jpg
wc244-fortunecookies-byrjt2007.jpg
wc243-raytracer-byrjt2007.jpg
wc239-earth3007-byrjt2007.jpg
wc238-byrjt2007.jpg
philosophiaandherproblems-byrjt2007.jpg
lamentatio-byrjt2007.jpg
unlearningtolearn1-byrjt2007.jpg
rayrendered-episode8-web-byrjt2007png.png
francescafacedherfractals-byrjt2007.jpg
fireflower-web-byjrt2007.jpg
daodedawn2-byrjt2007.jpg
impressionistbrushwater-byrjt2007.jpg
enricosparadox-byrjt2007.jpg
worldhungers-web-byrjt2007.jpg
f12007-contestentry-byrjt2007.jpg
wc237-icaruseffect-web1-byrjt2007.jpg
outsidethecaveofunknowing-web-byrj2007.jpg
inthistogether-web-byrjt2007.jpg
barrierlanguage-web-byrjt2007.jpg
mountreckon-web-byrjt2007.jpg

There are some themes and styles I do want to continue to build on in the future, as was true of this character, but I will definitely keep on working on improving and expanding the variety wherever possible :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

RobertT

Duoas: Thanks! The character’s story is indeed a sad one.

redbyte: Thanks for the nice comments! It took around 15 hours to complete. I have no commercial interests, just to be as good a digital artist as possible :)

RobertT

Wow RobertT, I must say I really like yours a lot. Many good renders this round!

Winner: ReobertT with 56% of the votes

Congrats!

Martin

The character’s story is indeed a sad one.
Yes, I’ve been following your Autumn’s Bane thread above, and have read your notes. :yes:

[edit]Congrats![/edit]

nice entries everyone and congrats to robertT
lookin forward to the next contest :spin:

Thanks everyone =)

The new challenge theme has been sent to Theeth.

I hope you all have some free time this weekend to take some liberties with the next topic :wink:

RobertT

RobertT, looking forward to your topic…
But I hope you didn’t make it too symbolic!:wink: