Challenge #390 Voting CLOSED

This week’s theme: Future Transport

Pure Entries

• AMDBCG
    “In the future, the transport will float off the ground and be powered by a fusion reaction between plasma glass and bubble gum”
    ENTRY IMAGE

• Wehrdo
    “A hoverboard with segway-like controls”
    ENTRY IMAGE
    Non-Participating Entries

• rebogey
    Evacoplan
    <<http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z123/bogey61/Evacoplanthumb.jpg>>

• RobertT
    Interplanetary Transport
    ENTRY IMAGE

OK. I missed the deadline by an hour, thanks to the city’s power supply. One day, with some hope, I’ll be making kick-ass renders. But I can never win against the power guys. I give up.

If it is possible, can my entry be included? And if not, maybe as non-participating.
Anyways, here’s my would-have-been entry. I won’t have won anyway.

Jet propelled oil sucking surfboard
Global warming has taken over and so everything has to float. This vehicle runs by sucking oil from the sea surface and can work in any place where it is all over the place.

voted for amdbcg

RobertT: amazing!!! O.O

Not a huge turn out, but better than the week before. I guess theeth wasent impressed with Helix’s suggestion.
I spent few more hours trying to improve mine, but even after followaing cogs tute again I cant get the sea right. I think the displace setting wipes out the specularity some how. So my final render on this one.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/4125

off to vote.

Bogey.

There’s such a thing as getting too close to the uber-fine details. Your image is excellent and so is the second copy.

What makes this image “work so well,” to me, is the dolphin-like shape of the object (hovering just above the surface of the sea), but especially the shape of that “plume of smoke” from the volcano. It stretches over to the sun and thereby connects to it, and extends to the right margin. Meanwhile, the flying dolphin has a curved stream of some exhaust that connects to the sea, and extends to the left margin. There is a depth to it, with lighthouses and islands on the horizon line. The color palette is very well balanced.

Oh, this image is disturbingly apropos right now … :frowning:

It is a good model, and a good idea. It does have exposure problems.

Thanks for the compliments. At first I tried to fit to much in one image. I intended to show the Wig in all three configurations. Morred at a quay, in ground effect over the sea, with the focus on one wigging along overhead tracks, but the composition was a mess.
The pallet is loosely based on a blue shark.
I had built a similar vehical several years back as an exersize when we first got sub d
surfaces, and the recent trouble with the icelandic volcano reminded me of it.
The volcano is recycled with some adjustments as is the lighthouse. The barely decernable ship is my latest project, but more on that later.
First go with the render branch, so still getting used to it aswell as 2.5 for proper renders, as apposed to rt stuff.

anyway,

off to budget.

cheers Bogey.

Voted for AMDBCG. Would be nice to see it in some sort of a scene to show scale. I can’t tell if it’s a massive ship or a futuristic space ship ashtray. But still, nice elegant look.

Nice work Bogey, and nice topic. I would have submitted but I’m busy with a project for work.
I didn’t really expect Theeth would put you in this week. I guess that would just open up a can of worms, but you would have been a contender.

Nice work Bogey, and nice topic. I would have submitted but I’m busy with a project for work.
I didn’t really expect Theeth would put you in this week. I guess that would just open up a can of worms, but you would have been a contender.[/quote]

Thanks Helix. Yes I thaught the same, but I enjoyed making it. A nice break from just pure modeling and texturing. Hope we have a good one this wekend as well.

RobertT: that looks amazing : did you create the planet in 3d or is it just a picture?

Looks like you forgot something.

Space Elevator

Attachments

Some nice entries, all the way around… I started something, but didn’t get back to it to finish in time… Looking forward to next weekend!
Randy

mokazon and AMDBCG:

Thank you both very much :slight_smile:

The planet is also mesh.

It was lightly sculpted through proportional editing, but most of the work on that object involved procedural textures.

RobertT

@ AMDBCG I’m betting it’s made in blender. The composition is too nice to be otherwise. Just guessing.

Edit: oops he posted at the same time.

Winner: AMDBCG with 93% of the votes

Congrats!

Martin

yay, I won :slight_smile: