Challenge #393 (09/07/10) CLOSED

Theme #393 for 9 July 2010 is: Techno Impressionism

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 Monday, 12 July 2010.

Whats up with the weird themes guys? Anyway, this is probably a placeholder :-).

um… still not really sure what Techno Impressionism even is. :confused: Anybody got a good example of what it looks like, image search isn’t helping me much.

Whatever the case, this is the general idea that came to mind while doodling on that “subject”. I suppose you could count it as an entry for now, but I’m hoping for a clearer idea of what is meant by the subject still.

Attachments

Feel The Beat!

sounds like a fun topic

that theme is absolutly not for me ^^, but i like what i see sofar , gj

http://www.techno-impressionist.com/catalogs/show5/index.htm

1st post :slight_smile:

Very noob with blender still so please excuse my entry.

:o supposed to be “Lemon on marble table”. Looked somewhat like what I see techo impression is.

Rendered with luxrender.

Attachments

So it’s essentially any art that has been made using computer media?

… and a really good “bong” and a really old pair of glasses? :smiley:

Good evening, everyone!

A strange but interesting topic :slight_smile:

Here is my entry:

Arpeggiatoratory

Pure Blender 2.49.

I wish to enter this as a “non-participating” entry.

RobertT

Nice , RobertT. How long did it take you to do that? Also, how did you do the specs?

Thanks, AMDBCG :slight_smile:

This project took approximately two hours.

The dithering technique in this particular image is partly produced through my intentionally “incorrect” use of the Defocus filter (which I often use to add some slight noise to some renders).

The Defocus node is set to Preview, No Zbuffer, and the Zscale is above 200. When the output of this node is mixed with something like an Overlay color node, it can produce a variety of results.

RobertT