Challenge #472 (02/03/12) CLOSED

Theme #472 for 2 March 2012 is: Germany

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 Monday 5 March 2012.

bandenburg gate? good luck for all in architectural blender:D
beer? again…
eagle
flag
cars
squares:D

Neuschwantzstein ( the original cinderella castle ) could be a challenging subject. ( just throwing it out there btw, I am not intending to do it )

very broad but alot of good answers to come up with, this will be an interesting one.

Time to do research. I’m thinking of WWII for some odd reason :smiley:

yeah… make a hitla’

here is my entry “Dora the explorer”

It is a Dora railway gun made by the Nazi’s in 1945, it is 47.3m long with a width of 7.1m and 11.6m high, the barrel being 32.48m being able to launch an 80cm shell 40km with a crew of approximately 2,750 to operate and lay the tracks ahead of this machine. I am glad this was never produced and only 2 were ever made. phew…

Anyway here is my monster entry.

and here is a little extra for your viewing pleasure

First time I modeled A head; hope you like it

Metropolis (German Movie) - Fritz Lang

@ Ip Man - i luv it!

Here’s my entry “Beer and Brat”
It’s all in Blender, with Cycles. All the textures are procedurals.

Went for the classic, spent too long getting bubbles in the beer not enough time on the textures of the pewter plate, sausages and mustard… oh well.

WTF

so much to do so little time
war is over:D

here is my entry “Dora the explorer”

It is a Dora railway gun made by the Nazi’s in 1945, it is 47.3m long with a width of 7.1m and 11.6m high, the barrel being 32.48m being able to launch an 80cm shell 40km with a crew of approximately 2,750 to operate and lay the tracks ahead of this machine. I am glad this was never produced and only 2 were ever made. phew…

Anyway here is my monster entry.

Still not quite as impressive as the schwerer gustav.

German Mauser