Challenge #499.9 (4/1/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #499.9 for 4 January 2013 is: New Beginnings

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 9pm EST, Monday 7 January 2013.

Seriously? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Unsure of this is a question or a complaint, but the previous winner of the competition picks the next topic. This is probably Homeworkbad’s idea, so blame him if its a bad one.

Come on. The New Year just happened, I couldn’t help myself. Do you guys like more specific themes?

It’s not a “bad” idea it’s just kinda weird

If I’m able to contribute an idea again, what are some guidelines for themes that this community would like more/ are less weird?

There aren’t any guidelines (that I know of) just ignore me

I know there aren’t any guidelines, I’m just curious what you think would be some good things to keep in mind. I’m pretty new to the community (my join date is lying I’ve only started being active very recently), and I’m curious what I should know. I was tempted to do something more like “Bookshelf” but I felt like the open endedness would be appreciated, but I can see how some focus would help.

Looks good to me, better than “bookshelf” :slight_smile:

Since I didn’t get a chance in the voting thread, congrats on the well deserved win!

I’m totally new at this, but from the perspective of a viewer of others’ work, I like to see how people interpret an open-ended theme.

Curve balls is why I come here… keep 'em coming!

New beginning - metamorphosis - just finished a computer rebuild so I didn’t have a lot of time for this

@Hatchnet: So what you’re saying is that your computer is having a new beginning too? :wink:

Here’s my interpretation of the theme:

Ha, I should have made a render of my new motherboard

I love open ended themes and/or themes that I look at and say to myself, “What the hell am I going to do”. My favorite render I made last year was from the competition was “Heavy Metal” and I made a speaker. It was open-ended enough to be quite creative.

Job Promotion

For the chop…

Great creative ideas !

@rarebit, those poor unsuspecting cows gave me a grin, and a craving for a cheeseburger:)

“Winter gives way to spring”

Attachments

“New Beginnings” rendered in cycles obviously. Pure entry.

My newborn son is actually due today, but he’s doesn’t want to come out yet. :wink: There is actually more to this image, but the render isn’t complete yet (about 78% done after 3.5 hours). So I’ll just submit this for now.

:wink: Go on Delta, congratulations…