Challenge #504 (8/2/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #504 for 8 February 2013 is: Crayons

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 9pm EST, Monday 11 February 2013.

Ooo… I like that topic… now wondering if I can snitch some time this weekend to do it (I know, there’s stuff I am supposed to be working on).

EDIT: lol, found this funny

Love it. :slight_smile:

I like the topic too. Very open to interpretation, and inspiring.

Something like that:

EDIT: now I know in half an hour I can make a s**t! :eyebrowlift:

paolo

Time for some work here.

J.F.Robot and all others, maybe my post was intended as my entry to the challenge, but actually it was just a joke, I couldn’t resist.

If so, please, forget it.

paolo

I think I look like that after a good curry

this actually happened to a dog of mine. she ate a box of crayons, and for some reason the wax goes to the outside, so it’s quite colorful. one of the funniest thing i have ever seen.

My dog ate Lego people, picture that in your head :smiley:

hi

here`s my pure entry…
not very creativ but i think it looks quite realistic.
cycles (500 samples)

Looks great other than the wood where it meets the crayon: too smooth, or too uniform.

crayons - BI

internal blender-render - pure

Of course, “B and C” stands for “Blender and Cycles”… Or broccoli and chocolate, if you prefer that. :wink:

12 minutes on GPU at 800 samples. Almost only procedural materials, including the drawing. No post-processing.

That would’ve hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Entries so far :smiley:

My Cousin
Open
Makehuman, Cycles.
Had a lot of fun with this one day model. Inspired by Ralph Wiggum and my cousin. And finally got cycles strand rendering working although I’ll need to play with it some more, but it’s a lot easier than what I was doing.

I’m almost afraid to ask, but… who did this to your cousin?

If you want something drawn…

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8499/crayonchal.png

I was referring to the topic. I’ve been doing some experimenting with 2D effects and cel shading. Mightve tried that if i had the time.