Challenge #521 (06/07/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #521 for June 07 2013 is: Rainbow

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday June 10 2013.

I want to participate…but I am at a complete loss for an idea aside from the typical…ugh. That and I still dont understand 2.67 (materials wise)

Typical stuff usually gets more votes then an obscure idea.
My advice is to use the old blender render engine for the rainbow itself, that’s what i’m doing.

You’re probably right. On both accounts.

Hello people of BAF! :slight_smile:

sorry if… my entry this week is… a bit somber x: I felt the theme having a connection to something i’m dealing with lately x:
If i had to title it… i’d say… it’d be called “Good Intentions”
(pure entry btw)

I would absolutely love Critique :slight_smile:

I may continue to try and work on it… i feel like it needs something still. I’ll update this post if i do more work on it.
Oh and by the way… am i allowed to submit an entry in like a comic strip style or show the same thing from 2 different angles and maybe move stuff a bit in the 2nd part of the image? x:

If anyone is lookin for ideas, you don’t need to make a rainbow :slight_smile: people make amazing rainbow cakes, cupcakes, jewelry, or other sorts of things like that.
Also refraction and color hues can work too :slight_smile:

Anyone remember the skittle commercials?

My entry rendered in cycles. The classic pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Heres my first weekend Challenge entry, rendered with LuxRender 1.3dev on my GPU’s. Blender 2.67a. I was experimenting with DoF and a B&W version, but it appeared to distract too much from the ‘rainbow’ subject.

Hope you like it! :slight_smile:

Edit: Pure (All Blender made and new)?

Best I could get in 2.67…now if I can figure out how to map a background pic to the world.
2000 samples, (guessing around 3 hours render time, as I went out while it was doing so.)

Couldnt get it to do what I wanted (which Im not sure is even possible) Now off to mess with 2.67 to see if I can better it.

Finally, I got some time to participate! :smiley:

Pure Blender/Cycles. 7 minutes on GPU, 1000 samples.

Kaluura O:
May i ask how you did that?

@Razc: I cheated, of course… :smiley:

The rays of light are meshes. There’s no glass material. On the other hand, there is a lot of color ramps everywhere…

man, well then you cheated so perfectly :stuck_out_tongue:
It looks flawless :slight_smile:

Pure.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/scudjuice999/Rainbow.png

I’m back after… I don’t even know how long I was gone from the forums. Well here’s a little something.

Hello
This is my first entry.
I call it “Above the sky”

Pure

@Razc your idea is great! just work on lighting and the hairs of the children.

@dross: ah, the old ‘technicolor yawn’ :yes:

My second entry in the weekend challenges. Modeled from scratch and rendered in Cycles (only 450 samples as I have to use GPU rendering).

Pure, rendered in cycles

Wow! I am impressed, these are the most original entries that I have seen in the weekend challenge in a long time. Fantastic work everyone and good luck to all.