Challenge #539 (10/11/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #539 for October 11 2013 is: Behind a Closed Door

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday October 14 2013.

placeholder. due to limited time I am going to attempt more of a visualization than a proper scene.
(edit) not finding a lot of time this weekend…I am going to start a WIP though…my idea was just too good to let go.

interesting, I have an idea… I’ll see if I can find the time (well, I just happen to be working on props for a game so this is a further motivation to actually make doors and other props (as per default I’ll make everything from scratch)

Still a W.I.P…

Something Eerie.
Pure entry.

Doesn’t seem to be a very original idea… Oh well… :slight_smile:

I had other ideas, but after i decided to try this: “wrong door”
Pure entry.

I’m not sure if that can be technically called a door…

Just a quick Non-competing entry.
Made entirely in Blender and using Blender Internal renderer.
Very interesting images to the moment. Keep them coming.

I think this counts as a pure entry. The character was originally made with make human so I’m not sure.

I think this is a pure entry. The character was originally made with make human so I’m not sure.
(Sorry for the double. I’m new and didn’t realize the post wasn’t visible until approved. Anyone know if a post a be deleted by the poster?)

Hi!
The first time I do anything for the weekend challenge. Looks like a fun way to get some motivation and ideas to try out in order to learn more. I’m a noob in Blender so it’s great to have a “competition” to drive me to come up with some kind of result even if it sucks. :slight_smile:
Made in Blender from scratch and tried to use post compositing to somehow add glow around the door.
Pure entry.
/Bjorn

Here is my non-competing entry:

Doors Being Key

RobertT

Good entries again this week, as usual.

Didn’t think I would have time to do one this week but managed to get one in. This is my first attempt at sculpting a figure. Modeled from scratch, a couple textures I made in paint.net with the background just random images from Bing images search.

When I hear the phrase behind closed doors I think of things no one wants to be seen. As such I present this weeks pure entry…

The Dancer
http://imageshack.us/a/img31/6305/zzgi.png

Good luck everyone

(oh, and rendered in blender internal)

Here’s my entry:

Pure, rendered in Cycles, post-processing was done in Photoshop.
For full resolution, go to http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Behind-a-closed-door-407238537

Barrel Inn

Hello everyone, here’s my entry. Cycles 800 samples. Good luck to all. :evilgrin:

Never tried to change an attachment before, took me a while to find the extra options below.