Challenge #618 (24/4/15) Entries CLOSED

@Umii: This troubled me the other week too. Even though I’d mashed up the face for a couple of hours, made all the clothes from scratch, etc, I still just entered it as non competing. Quite often those who use Make Human enter as open (still in voting list), especially if it is the main focus. Personally I don’t want to be strict as this is for fun, learning and practice.

All that said, when I read Midnightcpu’s comment this week:

I instantly felt like penalising them because it wasn’t stated and should have been classed as open, i.e. I felt it was sort of unfair to others. However after that initial gut reaction I also thought, hey ho this ain’t such a serious event, however if they’d won and then said that and I was an entrant then I’d be sort of annoyed.

Bottom line, I’d prefer people declare such work as open and let the voters decide, and since details of why entries are open are in the previous thread it doesn’t make much difference because I doubt many go back and check. We’ve also had open entries win so it obviously doesn’t matter to many as long as there is something strong enough to sway a vote.

So, since this is a community event, I’ll let you guys discuss it further and follow along with the consensus and if need be amend the rules (er if I can).

• Footnote: However Make Human does really give one an advantage and generally I’d say if used as the focus (e.g. just a facial close up) then I’d say it needs to be open. On the other hand if it’s the new clothes, pose, situation, prop, etc that makes the image then pure is good, but this is just my opinion :wink: