Challenge #64 Entries (29/08/03) CLOSED

I regret saying that I may not enter this weekend.

Why? It’s kind of a long story. Ready? If not, just skip this post.

You see, I made an image yesterday. The idea was simply that of how your big brother would destroy your Lego models. I did it, then saved the picture as “LegoSMASH!.jpg” Then I thought, “With that title, I might as well have the Hulk in it,” and I changed a flesh color to green. I liked it better, but decided that if I was going to use the pic, I should see “The Hulk” first, then judge whether I should use the normal color or green.

Later that day, I saw “The Hulk,” and liked it. (In summary, I liked the dramatic parts of the story.) I decided that the green colored would work best. Then, having gotten home, I found that the computer crashed, the file that would allow me to change it to green was gone, and I only had the flesh-colored version.

I’m not sure as to whether I should submit it anyway (it looks kind of crappy), but I don’t know.

If you keep second guessing yourself, then you will never take chances, give yourself a chance to fail, and subsequently learn from your mistakes. Put it up and don’t worry about what people think. Go for it. :smiley:

cubefan: postprocess it! add little layer with green color over it.

.b

CF: post it as is, if you make it green later you can always edit post

My entry:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/phlipping/images/lego_thumb.jpg
“Meta-lego”

Pure, took 1-2hr to build, about 40min to render

All hail dupliverts!

—edit—
fixed the shadows up, i had the shadow lamp pointing almost the same direction as the camera, so the shadows were hidden behind the model :wink:

here’s what I cooked up…
but I’m not participating, because this was just my reaction to nicos entry (and post earlier)…
so, my legofigures are fighting back to get that annoying smelly little suzanne munkee…
(also, I used my wip character on the background, so, it’s not totally pure even… bad me, bad me… )

well, it was fun! LEGOS RULE! :wink:

http://www.lib.hel.fi/~basse/tmp/revenge_of_lego_rigures_thumb.jpg
fullsize:
http://www.lib.hel.fi/~basse/tmp/revenge_of_lego_figures.jpg

.b

Here is my entry:

If the earth was lego…

:slight_smile:

is it just me, or was this supposed to be closed 15 hours ago?

Theeth, you’re getting sloppy [!]

Please don’t kill me…

Yea thats what I thought also, maybe its the weeklong challenge now?
%|

phlip wrote:
is it just me, or was this supposed to be closed 15 hours ago?

It started later then normal. Although that not should matter.

Give him some slack. For all we know he could have found the worlds best booty and been laid up drunk with her somewhere in a hotel. The forum would be the last thing on my mind :).

%|[/quote]

Yeah, we should cut what he gets paid for running this in half…

Det. Thorn.

Why do you assume he is paid? %| I ran a politics forum for a chess club, and not only did I not get paid, but I still have to pay club dues. :wink:

Sorry guys. Monday was an holiday here, and in my silly little mind, we were still monday today (and sunday yesterday). :expressionless:

And I’m not paid anything to be an admin, so half of nothing doesn’t matter all that much either.

bluedemon: I wish…

anyway, voting thread coming soon.

Martin