Challenge #741 Voting CLOSED

*sniff… So close… Oh well, maybe next time.

thx Helge, got lazy this week: watched a movie on Saturday, and was busy working on my Steampunk Device entry for the weekly CGC.

may explain of few of the steampunkish entries this week. I was going to put sand in the hourglasses, but yep, I got lazy / ran out of time.

@Helge Thanks, I have yet to see one in person. It did take some time, not enough for any votes unfortunately but there was a lot of good entries to choose from this round.

Well done NadirP, great attention to detail on your entry.

Congratulations for the win NadirP, and robproctor83 for getting so close.

Everyone: Awesomely creative entries! Everyone’s a winner in its own right. Great work! Or, as Doc from BTTF might have said, “Great Scott!!!”

NadirP: Congratulations!

Millani: Thanks! I was trying to go for an “older” sci-fi look, so I’m glad that came through.

Helge: LOL, thanks so much! Love the Tardis reference =)

YAFU: Thank you very much, YAFU. It was fun extruding and adding some details here and there to make it more interesting. The render nodes were also a fun challenge in trying to push the “time travel effect” further and further while preserving central details. Thank goodness one can still access regular blend textures in the render nodes via Brush textures: they helped to moderate the effect.

RobertT

Congrats, NadirP. Nice render you had there.

Thanks, Helge, for the comments. It’s funny where the theme word leads some times, I first thought of a watch, then Pink Floyd, soon followed by Dali and then the old Time Tunnel tv series sprang to mind, and after all that I did consider throwing in a kitchen sink model just for the hell of it, really should have done that one.

@Millani, Helge:
Thanks for the comments! Seems like I was too distracted with the side lighting to emphasize the watch shape, could’ve used more lamps from above to light the darker area.

@robproctor83:
Worry not, your renders are excellent! I think you’d better stocking up on themes instead. :eyebrowlift:

@NadirP:
Congrats! Such a stunning detail, a well deserved win!

@fcharr:
Nice detailed texture, I like it!