Challenge #746 Voting CLOSED

Congrats robproctor83 it’s about time you broke through the wall! Can’t wait to see what you pick for the next challenge.

Great entries to all and it is awesome how many are now competing in the WC.

Yey robproctor83! You did it! You broke the curse :smiley:

Another great week behind us with so many great entries. It’s getting harder and harder but with this i find learning easier :smiley:

Thank you RobertT and Millani for your opinions, it really helps out to get better

@robproctor83
Finally you broke a series of losses:D
I’m really like your entries.
My great congratulations!

@Millani and RobertT
Thank you for permanent analysis of all works.

@robproctor83 - Well done, finally got it

@RobertT and @Millani - Thanks for taking the time to make feedback, especially given all the entries.

@robproctor83 Finally you did it. Congrats!

Thanks for the critique, RobertT! Didn’t want to make the scene empty this time, so I threw in some rocks and plants :slight_smile:

Thanks for the critique, mil. First I gave up. I wanted to create some salt material. Then I tried again. Glad I didn’t give up. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your kind words, critiques and comments. They are all very much appreciated. It was a close competition, and a lot of great entries.

Usernew, I am glad you didn’t give up either, I really like seeing your art.

See you guys in the next challenge!

Congrats on the win, robproctor83.

Thanks for the comments, Millani. You are right about the laser, it should have been more central to the explosion, just a long render time prevent me trying out different locations for it. The material on the ground was suppose to look like mist, but it needs more work for a convincing look. I will try another render and see how things look with the crystal move away from the explosion.

Ah crud! I did something like that a view years ago, but my hard drive crashed shortly after. I might still have a more simple version as a backup somewhere, … I’ll take a look and if I find it, I’ll upload it.