Challenge #757 Voting CLOSED

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 757 with 27.03% of the votes is… putr corps!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Gordi : 1 : 2.7%
RayVelcoro : 0 : 0%
Shenfara : 0 : 0%
fdo : 2 : 5.41%
purbosky : 1 : 2.7%
MACEPRODUCTIONS : 1 : 2.7%
didierv : 2 : 5.41%
DM9 : 9 : 24.32%
FlyingBanana : 0 : 0%
fcharr : 0 : 0%
putr corps : 10 : 27.03%
Hondo : 1 : 2.7%
caz747 : 0 : 0%
Millani : 1 : 2.7%
david.speer : 4 : 10.81%
skadoosh : 5 : 13.51%
beau11 : 0 : 0%

https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=509535&thumb=1
Cryonics

Can we see it david? Im curious xd

Millani thank you!

Putr corps, congratulations! It was close one with DM9 :smiley:
And yey! I’m 3rd haha :smiley: thanks Eveeryone

Close indeed. :smiley: … Congrats, Putr corps. - Looking forward to the new theme already. :wink:

Congrats on your win putr corps the image look awesome.

Congrats Putr corps! I got 1 vote this time, which is a new record, so I’m happy with that :slight_smile:

Congratulations putr corps!!
Great image!

Sure,
I’m still working on it, working on proper materials and cleaning up some stuff i didn’t have time for this weekend.

Here’s the current state.

Grats putr your quite the artist. Looking forward to seeing what theme you come up with.

Thank you very much everyone, I did not expect to win so quickly. DM9 I think you deserved it more than me this week, not to mention that there were some fantastic renders this week.

I have a theme in mind that I hope will bring out your most ancestral artistic side. :wink:

Sorry my english.

Congrats putr corps! It seems you’ll stay three consecutive weeks in the top row, since for some reason it was not updated last time :wink:

robproctor83: I always appreciate feedback. Thanks! I do toon styles more than most people remember, and, definitely with the cartoon dialogue bubbles there, and the silhouettes I modeled, this was something I needed to keep in that style.

Milliani: Thank you! Yes, I modeled the silhouettes in Blender. My intention was for each character to appear to originate from a different time in history while they mostly could shared in the surprise that a history book, of all things, could effectively function as their virtual time machine.

Congratulations to the winner and all the participants!

Great work, everyone!

RobertT

Congrats on the well deserved win, putr corps.

Thanks for the present, Millani, it’s much appreciated. I think it’s the volumetrics that’s making my renders dark. I had something like five sun lamps to light the UFO, didn’t seem to help much though.
Anyway I decided to keep going with the image and this is where I am now,

I like how the portal effect turned out, and I killed off the volumetrics to lighten the image up. I think I might have to go with a smaller idea next time as I just don’t have enough time for these big scenes.

@ david speer. I like the updated version of your render. Your original version picked up my vote as it looked like a lot of work went into it and that’s the kind of thing I look for when deciding which way to vote.

@caz747 That looks much better. By the way, when mixing two images it can be a good idea to slightly blur the mask in order to prevent those jagged edges.

Thank you for the vote.
I spent a bunch of time on it yes. :slight_smile:
The silver lining here ~ the more time I spend in blender, the less time I have to spend in blender to make art.
I think this makes sense in a weird way :slight_smile:

Looking great david!

Nice one, it makes perfect sense to me.

'@Millani Thanks for the tip about blurring the mask, I never thought of that one, will give it a go next time.

Thanks for adding my pic Helge and thanks for all the feedback everyone, also congratulations to putr corps.
I voted for david.speer, your idea with the proximity to the device affecting the time travel distance is really interesting
It’s amazing to see this many different ideas
This was really great fun, I’m glad I found this community!