Challenge #765 Voting CLOSED

In my opinion this will help to understand in which direction it is worth developing

So to clarify, are you suggesting users cast 4 votes? Best modeling, best shading, best lighting, best compositing? And then the winner is based on the aggregate of those, with those weighted totals?

Or are you saying you vote for your favorite, and then “grade” them on each of those 4 fields?

If it’s the second one, how is a winner determined? What would happen if eight people voted for the same person and graded them 10% on everything, and one person voted for someone else and graded 100%?

@Millani thanks again for the info on my artwork. Yeah Bob the dryer got a little sick, must have eaten too many socks and got a bellyache. And the link you posted is awesome too. :slight_smile: I almost did a wall outlet but figured they very depending on the country you may be from so just went with the dryer bit. Was really tossed together in just 1 day, would have liked to have added in more to the scene like the wall hookups for the washer and dryer but didn’t have time cause laundry day was the day the idea hit me and it was running late already.

Not exactly. It’s just like a small addition, that is all as usual.

Glad to hear it. I suppose most are used to it by now :wink:

@str11: I’m curious how you would rate my entry for modelling, considering that I didn’t really model anything :smiley:
Anyway, I think it would be technically complicated to improve the poll system. Maybe it would be possible to make a plugin for Discourse, not sure. But I think that a comment says a lot more than a couple of numbers.

Thanks Millani! You are right, that would have been a little creepy. It didn’t cross my mind, but now that you say it, it is actually making me laugh. :slight_smile:

Clouds, mountains, molybdomancy, … it is just great what brains can do with them.
E.g. the “sleeping witch”
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/20150824_Schlafende_Hexe%2C_Lattengebirge%2C_Berchtesgaden_(02005).jpg/500px-20150824_Schlafende_Hexe%2C_Lattengebirge%2C_Berchtesgaden_(02005).jpg

Good luck with that! And I’m really looking forward to whatever entries you come up with. :slight_smile:

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 765 with 29.63% of the votes is… DanielJH!
Here’s to all the great participators…

RayVelcoro : 2 : 3.7%
Ansaar13 : 4 : 7.41%
Dieedi : 1 : 1.85%
Nikos096 : 0 : 0%
ivo002 : 4 : 7.41%
purbosky : 1 : 1.85%
DanielJH : 16 : 29.63%
Semicolonkid : 4 : 7.41%
fcharr : 0 : 0%
joshwinkler3d : 2 : 3.7%
bluberri : 1 : 1.85%
Photox : 1 : 1.85%
Iridesium : 7 : 12.96%
caz747 : 1 : 1.85%
FlyingBanana : 2 : 3.7%
str11 : 5 : 9.26%
Millani : 0 : 0%
TomZed : 3 : 5.56%
YAYA : 0 : 0%

https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=515682&thumb=1
Rainy the Droplet Skydiver

@str11 If I’ve understood it correctly you propose a system there we would rate an entry on separate qualities, which would then make a total rating. Sounds interesting (though slightly complicated).

But unless it would allow for voting on multiple entries I can’t see how it would make any difference in the scoring, so what would the benefit be over the current system? Feedback to the artists?

I’m sorry.
That’s my very subjective idea:), do not pay attention, you better tell me my entry can be considered pure or not?This is an image without post processing

, but this one with a some post processing in Photoshop

Thank you! the moon is a sphere with a texture image applied

@DanielJH: Congrats on winning the challenge!

@Millani: Thanks for the comments, and for moderating the rule update thread too! Leaf juice is one viable option, I guess, though I was thinking about star fruits back there (it’s somewhat too green though, lol!).

@str11: nice suggestion, I agree with grading all the entries, if only we can make it true, but for now let’s enjoy the current voting system. Regarding your two images, I’d say it’s still pure, since removing the effects does not alter the final result too much. It may become a different story if, for example, you paint over the face in PS.

@DanielJH - Congratulations, nice simple entry but good expression and story.

@Millani - Thanks for the feedback, as always, don’t know where you get the time :slight_smile: The feet were mainly cut out because there was too much empty space. I could have probably done something else but didn’t have time.

Thanks for the votes on my end too :slight_smile:

Cheers, Millani, for the comments, they’re much appreciated. I was looking at some of the machine faces when I modelled the projector for my entry. It funny the things we humans can see that aren’t really there.

Congrats everyone, great entries as usual.

I forgot to thank Millani for the feedback! TY Millani! Those are indeed oddly positioned whiskers, i have to look better at references in the feature. Cheers!