Challenge #778 (18/05/18) Entries CLOSED

Chips

Pure entry, 2000 samples, got rid of denoise, was distorting the image. So happy with my Ryzen 7, took about 10 minutes to render.

2 Likes

My Pure Competing Entry, 399 samples.

“The 4 Worlds of our World”

2 Likes

A Small Paradise

Pure entry, Cycles 512 samples, procedural textures and compositing.

3 Likes

Pure
“Magnum Opus”

A master jewelers finest ring, just after the finishing touches.

2 Likes

update:

“TINY WORLD…GONE! aka FALLEN ANGEL”
non-competing

I did a little Photoshop work just to add the rendered background into the image and add a slight lens flare, other then that it’s all Blender.

“IT A TINY WORLD AND IF IT’S ABOUT ELEVEN WHERE YOU ARE, THEN YES! BOB HAS STARTED TO HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH THE PEOPLE FROM “EDEN” SPEADING THEIR FERTILISER OVER HIS ENTIRE WORLD!”
non-competing

2 Likes

Hey, this is my non-competing entry : “Ant Story”

I wanted to create a cartoony image with friendly looking ants :slightly_smiling_face:

100% Blender, 200 samples, some textures are from poliigon.com, others are made procedurally.

5 Likes

Holy crap that is awesome! Love it!

That really is a very nice image Arethyu, well done!

@FlyingBanana @3dmad
Thanks a lot !

pure entry , all models been made today, except the giant feet of the girl
thy are been modeled long time ago ,
textures been mad by me
cycle 128 samples +denoiser

i wanted to do more but sadly i dont have enough time and i am not login in tomorrow

5 Likes

@alf0 Nice entry, I like the low poly style of the cars and the houses. The vignette effect looks a bit overdone, you should decrease it. Except that, it’s a really good image !

1 Like

Rendering out my final render now, unfortunately it has to be done on cpu cause I have a volumetric cloud in the scene and gpu really distorts it to more of a solid. Wished I would be able to render it on the gpu cause it would only take about 10 minutes but on cpu it is now a shy over 1 hour. Ok my render has been updated and calling it done as the storms have started here and my laptop pukes whenever I mention volumetrics.

thank you , i wanted to re render it, but it took me too damn long to do it, and with the setuation i am in, i dont think ill be able to do it in time
but really thank you for your compliment :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that, it was coming along nicely too. For the lego guy laying down were you going to add in the holes in the feet detail? But on the bright side you can now put a lot more time into this one and maybe even add in that hand you were originally going for as you will have time to pose it realistically and detail it. I will keep an eye on it in the WIP section.

1 Like

@alf0 You can easily add a vignette effect with the node editor into the compositor without rendering your scene again. I personally always use this node setup :

1 Like

I’ve seen some stunning entries, gonna predict a tight race here!

Here is my non-competing entry:

MUNDUS PARVUS EST - OR, THE ASTRONOMY LESSON

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, only procedural textures.

This project was inspired by Medieval art renderings of the cosmos and subsequent historic challenges to the Ptolemaic (geocentric / Earth-as-center-of-the-universe) system, leading up to the eventual Copernican Revolution.

RobertT

5 Likes

Wow. Amazing entries from everyone. This is going to be a tough to figure out who to vote for. They are all very good.

“Arthropoda’s Ark”

non-competing (pure) cycles (128 samples + denoising)

4 Likes

@Helge thanks for the nightmares lol looks great though.

P.S. I have a phobia of just about anything with more than 4 legs (and yes I don’t care for butterflies either)

2 Likes