Challenge #780 Voting CLOSED

Thanks Millani!

@Millani

" Right now the focal element is a chunk of sand."

Actually there are 2 fish in front of boat. One is tiny and in spot light and focus and second one is Sole fish moving away from the boat making sand and dust floating in water.

Thank you Millani! I do a lot of lagartear. :wink:

Thanks a lot Millani :slight_smile:
I love it how you come up with your own stories from my image, That’s something I actually want to enforce myself on doing more and hopefully get good at someday. Not tell a story but deliver an image that creates a story for whoever is looking at it.
This image is probably not fully my style but I gotta start somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, yes, I have never seen such a close vote so far. … It´s especially interesting since one can change the vote in the new forum. ^^ … Exciting! :smiley:

Thank you Millani :slight_smile:

Well that was the whole point Millani! at least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it :wink:

Seriously, I did actually mix the audio during the week and had planned on doing more. I was also hoping to use the ‘Blender Fracture Modifier Build’ to add some destruction effects, which I have played around with a little in the past, but sadly other things got in the way this time around. Also Eevee was being rather temperamental and disliking quite a few of the things I had in my scene and crashing quite a lot, which of course is to be expect in it’s current development stage. It’s still very impressive though, and I look forward to using it more in the future.

All the best,
Damien

Thanks Millani. I’m glad you noticed :slight_smile:
And regarding the plants: (as almost always) I’m fine with cute. :wink:

I too think this is caused by the bullets. Maybe I can do something about this. I’ll check it out.

[Edit: Thinking about it, if nothing else works out, we could just get rid of the list/bullet points completely.]

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 780 with 17% of the votes is… 3dnotguru!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Trieste

1 Like

@3dnotguru congrats on the win!

wow that was a tight race. Congrats @3dnotguru.

@Millani, thanks for the comments as always. It was supposed to be a leaping/flying dragon fish. The angle of the camera and poor placement of objects did not really convey what I was hoping for but a good learning moment when looking at iridesium’s render.

@Iridesium, really amazing render.

Congratulations @3dnotguru! nice render.:wink:

Thank you @OLG! I like your render as well!

Thank you, @Millani. The rocks are a combination of sculpting and procedural displacement/procedural textures :smiley:

Congratulations to @3dnotguru and all our participants!

Excellent work all around, and inspiring efforts as always.

RobertT

Thank you. I wont bring new theme because I want to participate in new voting. But it is nice when the theme makes space for interpretaions just like “undiscovered” did. Great entries everyne.

Thank for your feedback @Millani and Congratulations to @3dnotguru

Does that really work? If you don’t provide a new theme you can participate in the new contest?

One could read the rules this way. I think, this rule serves two purposes:

• It presents some kind of incentive/honor to the winner.
  • It prevents the same member from winning every time.

So, as long as we don’t get in trouble with the above intentions, everything is just fine. And apart from that, @Invenis theme from #766/#767 (which, back then, reached me a little too late) is still waiting to be used. :slight_smile:

So here we go!

I think the rule is to not prepare for the theme before others. If i don’t know next theme why couldn’t I participate?

Here is the close-up for unbelievers :wink: There are fishies there.

Ok, so 3dnotguru can compete, as long as he does not win next time :smiley:

I thought it was supposed to do something since the astronauts went flying right afterwards. But ok, it is hard to tell a story with just a few seconds of animation, specially if you create it in short time.

Well, they being hard to find actually fits the theme :wink:

I don’t think that this is likely to become a problem, but after the third win in a row we should probably rethink this issue. I don’t remember who said this but “a problem is a problem when it’s a problem”. :wink: