• Blujay
  • joshwinkler3d
  • Millani
  • wahyukemalajati
  • RayVelcoro
  • FlyingBanana
  • WassaBlender

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jun 6, 2018 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

[ If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile: ]

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20180607-wc

Pure Entries

Open Entries

Non-competing Entries

https://vimeo.com/273370944

3 Likes

Great job everyone. Good luck with the votes!

And here is what I have been working on:

I am sure some of you may already have seen this here.
The render didn’t finish in time for me to submit it as noncompeting but I am very happy with the final result anyway.
Good luck to everyone!

15 Likes

Not that I care that much :wink: but what has happened to video embedding?

I just asked @bartv about this and he is already checking it out:

2 Likes

Damn, that would have been my winning entry. … very cool.
Just post it in the finished section, it might still get featured on top. :wink:

1 Like

i wouldv say that you are the winner man, this is to bad …
time isnt enough

1 Like

As @Iridesium won last weeks challenge and (because of this) selected the theme for this weekend, the entry would have been non-competing anyway. So this time, time is innocent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

will thin i take what i say back, but its still sad

However, ignoring that little detail, you are still right. As a regular entry it would probably have won. :lizard:

defiantly will :slight_smile:

defiantly will :slight_smile:

Love it, it has that Amerzone feeling :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you all! I am very glad you like it! Helge is right, it would have been noncompeting but why should this stop us from doing our best work? :wink:
Thank you all again!

1 Like

Awesome entries to everyone :slight_smile: My vote went to alf0 though although it was difficult to choose. Great picture!

hay thank you so much for the support, almos all of them are great, and i cant even think who will be the winner

It`s awsome man! I like how you first look at the background and tree shapes and then notice that chameleon in the foreground. Very interesting to look at. I like the colors as well there might just be a little too much going on and not so much eye rest in my taste.

Thank you Helge! I can’t imagine why they have blacklisted BlenderArtists. if it continues to be a problem then I can always just use youtube, whom I feel have a somewhat lower entry standard ;-).

Quite a tight race this time, a single vote could change everything.

Some feedback:

Ansaar13: If a portal to an alternate reality opens in the middle of a forest, and no one is there to cross it, does it really work? :wink: I liked how the vines on the “alternate dimension” look like lightning bolts. The colours are bizarre, but I suppose that was the intention.

3dnotguru: I liked the vibe of the scene, makes me feel like a lonely submarine in a vast, unknown ocean. I just think there could be something in bright area, like some artifact or ruin. Right now the focal element is a chunk of sand.

beau11: Nice cave, it sure makes one want to get inside it :drum:
The scene reminds me a bit of the idea of a hermit who withdraws from society to live in a cave, dedicating themself to their own thoughts.
The silhouette of the person looks pretty nice, but I don’t see much relation to self-discovery in the image. The guy just seems to be walking around.

didierv: Sometimes luck is just right in front of us, but we don’t see it. I liked how the clover is hidden in plain sight, but stands out sufficiently to be the centre of the image once you see it. I just think you could’ve added a few more layers of clovers, since I can see the black backgorund right now.

fcharr: I liked the shape of the rocks in the foreground. They look somewhat organic (the left part looks a bit like a rose) and rocky at the same time. The contrast between rough and smooth, dark and bright, in the foreground is also pretty cool.

purbosky: This reminds me a bit of the heads of Easter island, mysteriously standing there, no one knowing their real purpose. I liked the two suns in the sky, making the place feel more alien. The terrain is a bit too flat though.

alf0: The woman might be evil, but whoever imprisioned her there was peverse: So close yet so far away from escaping, eternally tortured with hope that doesn’t exist. I liked the dungeon feeling of the image. The model of the woman is also pretty nice, only the hair is a bit too smooth.

unyxium: Pretty cool looking foliage. The glowing crystals inside look quite inviting (although the mushrooms are probably radioactive). But, as they say, curiosity killed the cat.

Peetie: Interesting idea. What kind of world lies on top of that rock?
Will the lenses be strong enough to let us see all of its secrets? I liked the design of the microscope. Is it based on a real one? It must be a real pain to align those lenses!

Blujay: Nice models, specially the brain. I liked the little heart in the frontal lobe. I just think the wireframe is getting a bit in the way of the brain, maybe you could’ve made it more transparent in some areas.

joshwinkler3d: I loved when that happened when I used to eat fast food. After finishing the meal, you start fiddling with the packages, just wishing the portions were a tad bit bigger, and then you find one extra fry! Although, in this case, the box doesn’t seem to be filled with fat, so the fry can’t be good :wink: Funny idea!

wahyukemalajati: Pretty cool landscape. The extra blue river looks almost magical (or maybe toxic…). I just think the light contrast could be a bit stronger to make the image stand out more.

RayVelcoro: Man, it took me forever to see what was wrong with the stamp! Truly undiscovered! I liked the vintage vibe of the image.

FlyingBanana: The probe and black-hole look pretty cool. The bright lights made the probe look even more spacey. Will the probe discover how it is like inside a black hole, or will it be crushed by the gravity? We might never know, since not even light escapes a black hole…
One thing: I think the balance of the image is quite off. There is a lot going on on the right side, but not much on the left.

WassaBlender: I always wondered where did the balloons go when I was a kid (and why did they never come back). Creative idea. It also makes me think of a child who grows up, discovering new things, and leaves the “balloon of childhood” behind.

RC12: I liked the contrast on the grass. The scene looks quite surreal.

OLG: Is that fish flying? I mean, a dragon fish should be able to fly, right? I liked how the weird fish is in an ordinary forest, as if this were a normal scene to see everyday.

Helge: That frog really is living up to its name! Love the colours and how the frog is camouflaged. I loved the double-meaning of the image, with both the frog and the eggs (?) being undiscovered.
The plants look a bit plastic for me, but this makes the scene cuter somehow.

RobertT: Look too far away and you won’t see what is in front of you. Those rocks look awesome, and I loved the contrast between the clean robot and the rough environment.

3dmad: Cool animation, though it did not make much sense to me, the monster didn’t really do anything.
But I liked the idea of a monster hiding on the moon.

Iridesium: Wow, that’s a lot of detail! I loved the lizard and how it is lazily lying there. It’s red scales make it stand out nicely.
I also loved the balance between dark and bright spots. The image somehow feels warm and humid like a jungle.
Fun fact: In Portuguese there is a verb (lagartear) which essentially means “to lizard”, as in lying on somewhere doing nothing (like a lizard).

4 Likes

Not so much fun fact: The site seems to be cropping images on the right side (for example, OLG’s signature does not appear completely to me, unless I open the full size image). In a forum about images this is quite annoying.

@bartv Is this intentional? Is it because of the bullets in Helge’s post? Can it be fixed?