Challenge #783 (22/06/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #783 for Friday 22th of June 2018 is:

Warp drive

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Tue, Jun 26, 2018 12:30 AM (Europe: Paris), Mon, Jun 25, 2018 3:30 PM (America: Los Angeles))

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

hmm this could turn out to be quite interesting haha. im excited to begin

Wander if this has anything to do with the conversation in the last voting thread :slight_smile:

These contests are going by quite quickly, missed the last few.

I’m so gonna make a hyperdrive from Star Wars just to make all Trekkies mad at me. I don’t even like either of the series, which probably means I’ll do the hyperdrive wrong, making the star wars fans mad at me as well.

Like in the old Vulcan saying: Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side…

Ok, now I gotta run to the nearest WWII bunker here in Berlin, I can already hear the nuclear wessels approaching :rocket:

1 Like

I was thinking about doing a star wars one but I might do something else… I think something from the view of the falcon would look nice. :wink:

are you doing a Ivanka here?

“Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those doing it.” -Chinese Proverb

Not sure what you mean by an Ivanka, but I was trying to annoy fans on purpose :wink:

You could always do a space balls " they’ve gone to plaid! " lol

1 Like

Title: Basic Warp Drive, Pure cycles.
Well nothing special yet, but just testing out a concept. What I did was using the cast modifier so I could warp (half a) spere around the camera. Actually you don’t see that effect wel in the render but maybe some inspiration for others. wawrp

4 Likes

I’m doing the opposite of @Millani, a fan of both but might not be doing fanart. Trying to do something related to Alcubierre drive or IXS Enterprise instead maybe.

- - - WIP - - - (finished entry is below)

warp-ss1

5 Likes

Maybe you’d better run to other planet or galaxy instead, because it’s the Death Star approaching… (or maybe worse, a Starkiller Base) :roll_eyes:

The race of all races. :wink:
Forgot to mention this is not an entry but I probably won’t have one this time around. These two racers were just some models I made a while back just collecting dust in the unfinished section of my drive. Figured it was fitting to put them racing each other. Even though there is no race as the Falcon could toast the Enterprise.

***Not an entry* *Not an entry* *Not an entry***

Not an entry Not an entry Not an entry

4 Likes

Stellar Slog

Pure entry, 1000 samples, http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Warp-Drive.Stellar-Slog.html

@fdo your spaceportal is awesome! It’s kind of what I was aiming for: A part of me feels like just junking my entry. I wonder what topic you’ll come up with, for next week’s challenge :wink:

4 Likes

Breaking Warp Drive Barrier

Non-competing

A lot of fun building this scene.

Cycles, 512 samples, dynamic paint, laplacian lightning add-on, filmic. Third party: fire brush, add noise, contrast.

6 Likes

Strange New Worlds:

Pure.

Before you ask, yes, the ship looks like a plunger. I know. The clouds and planet are made using Blender’s texture paint tool, and some touching-up in photoshop. Anyway, here is the image:

512 Samples, Cycles

4 Likes

Ive got vacation this week so I won’t have an entry… Good luck to everyone and hope to see some awesome entries when I get back.

So here is my entry for this week

Title: Friend or foe?

I hope someone likes it

3 Likes

here is my entry to the Challenge! It is my final picture and is released for judgement :slight_smile:

This is a different kind of warp drive from another scale to another dimension, if you understand :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is my 1st entry, I wish I had more time to finish this but I only gave myself last night, anyway this is Sammy the Snail and after watching his favorite show Star Trek (Next Gen) he was inspired to test his warp drive.

Pure

Imagination

10 Likes

Spaceportal

I started this pure entry in blender 2.79b, modeling and materials as well as compositing.
After finishing the render i wanted to check out the actual Eevee build, so did some material tweaks, removed a smoke sim with a simple cone model and heavy changes in the compositor. this is the result.

Have fun

15 Likes