Challenge #787 (20/07/18) Entries CLOSED

Unstable Ground
Pure, competing.

Note: I used the sapling tree addon.

Cycles + compositor, 256 samples for a ~10 minute render.
This took a while to make.
I will be sharing a time-lapse video of the modelling soon. I will update this later and possibly create its own topic.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoZjXD8XF5LkzHYtGGv0Zw/

Edit:

3 Likes

Pure render , the inside of a radio

256 samples. made this yesterday

5 Likes

I wish I was a modeler, I have a cool idea for this one involving a parachute

Slice of Life

Some of my previous entries were used as paintings in some walls, but I think I can still call this pure since I did not reuse any models or textures. Everything else is new, and I used only procedural textures.

I collected some of my entries which had some impact in my Blending life one way or the other. They are organized chronologically, with earlier ones in the bottom and newer ones in the top.

I think this was my first attempt at doing architecture. I did a lot of mistakes (wooden floor looks horrible), and because of the time rooms ended up being way too empty. But I’m happy with it nevertheless.

6 Likes

Cake
I am still quite new here, and am not quite sure whether to call this pure or open. To be on the safe side let’s call it OPEN.

The fork model is from BlendSwap, the bread and wood texture are from various locations on the internet. Furthermore, some post-processing in Photoshop to reduce noise and enhance contrast. Let me know if I could have called this a pure entry.

3 Likes

@parclite looks yummy!

“Recycled Rocket”

Non-competing. I rarely use old models, but I’ve been too busy with other projects, the rocket is from an old WEC.

Incredible entries all! One of the best showings ever in my book.

2 Likes

I agree! And very diverse as well! Bravo everyone :smiley:

A very nice use of the shader, OLG!

Love the sparkles as well :smiley:

RobertT

@purbosky: LOL, Scrat’s so much fun.

Millions of years later, and squirrels are still nuts for nuts.

:heart_eyes: :chestnut:

Some things not even evolution can change.

1 Like

@RobertT, I am astounded at how much I’ve learned on building materials in the last year. It has nothing to do with me but with blender and the “astounding” help the community has shared with us beginners. A little sad I paid little to no attention to rendering for 3 years. Didn’t need it for cnc pattern creation. To say my learning has been disjointed is an understatement.

I am still not sure about the sparkles. lol. Wife pressured me and I caved like a worn out toothpick.

@Photox, nice render. Brought back memories from a prior life. :slight_smile:

All, amazing renders from everyone as always.

1 Like