Challenge #791 (17/08/18) Entries CLOSED

Drag and drop from the file manager works too.

1 Like

Thanks
The rules for this challenge are so confusing

Had to google it like most of people here. Every model in the scene is made by me. The entry is pure, although I used PS to fix the colors.
“Lucky find”

3 Likes

Renovative Reparations

Pure entry, 1000 samples with denoising.

6 Likes

Back Home

This is my competing entry for this time. I have to call it open because the (one) rock is done with meshroom. After seeing the result i tried to make a little scene with it and for me it fits into this weekend theme, at least somehow :slight_smile:

Time for reconstruction with only 22 pictures was 1,5h.
Maybe 30 minutes manual optimization afterwards.
One hour for the scene, more than 6m verts, rendertime was 7 minutes. Postpro in Blender as usual.

Have fun

5 Likes

@fcharr: Back to the Future
@fdo: The Hobbit

Did I get the references right? :wink:

1 Like

THE GEM
The vase falls and from the mess something wonderful lay in it and everything seemed to pale to its beauty

open

Am a beginner and am kinda having problems with the fracture tool and some textures so I pixelated the background and incorporated it into the story

Hope you like it

3 Likes

Close Call of the Quitter Treasure Hunter

Pure entry, Cycles 256 samples, procedural textures and compositing.

3 Likes

My first idea is someone who is late for his bus, only to realize then that he is lucky as he sees the bus got taken by UFO in the distance or hit by a giant monster. Now that I think about it, that could also be a good story of your bus driver series. But I guess you already got an idea running by now. :smile:

@fcharr funny thing. I am actually doing that to the master bathroom of my house this week. Maybe I should be so lucky. (yeah probably not, just find a bunch of hornets nests in the walls)

1 Like

You know, that is very close to my first idea as well. Also, serendipity is probably the only reason why that bus driver is still in one piece :wink:
But yeah, I managed to think of something else.

Hi everyone !
It’s been a while since my last participation to the Challenge, but with such a theme like serendipity, I felt obliged to participate :sweat_smile:

Galaxy

It is a Pure entry, the ball and particules are created with Blender. I only use Photoshop for Color gradind and the background.

link to high res here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9AdoW

5 Likes

Really nice

Very Original :grin::+1:

Perhaps the most rare and desirable form of serendipity :slight_smile:

Pure Entry.
Accidental Curly Fry

6 Likes

I wanted to add in a really short character but I ran out of time.

A major earthquake in a remote village made apple picking a little easier.

Easy Pickings

Non-Competing (Horse from TS, BG from Google) 250 Samples

3 Likes

Here is my non-competing entry:

MANDELBROT: FROM ROUGHNESS TO RECURSIVE RHYTHMS

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Inspired by Benoit Mandelbrot’s studies of roughness, coastlines, and his research leading to the wonderful world of fractals we have today.

Some links for more information on that:

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/ibm100/us/en/icons/fractal/

RobertT

4 Likes

Near Miss

Pure entry. Everything made in blender, only procedural textures.

The bowman aimed, held its breath, and let the arrow fly. Alas, it went off by a few centimeters, and almost missed the apple. To his luck (and of the potential victim), another apple got into the way, so he still managed to hit some apple.

I think I should stick to modelling robots (and apples), not people…

3 Likes

nice work

a few character modelling tutorials will help