Challenge #792 (24/08/18) Entries CLOSED

These are not entries, just trying to keep up with @Helge’s yellow-blue conspiracy theory. :upside_down_face:

Sphere1m Sphere2m

Not an Entry

Hmmm, @Helge there may be some substance to this conspiracy theory. Originally, I was still doodling/playing with the 2.8 grease pencil. I eventually decided to go with the 50 cal sniper rifle because it was more fun but I was originally going with a grey dragon flying in grey clouds. Never got to the clouds.

There might be a subconscious direction from the secret government saying, “bluuueee”.

Time to get the aluminum foil hats out. :wink:

lol. I might have added the blue after the fact, but… it’s still a conspiracy.

I asked my mom: Não há bem que sempre dure, nem mal que se ature.

I wasn’t going to attempt this one due to the fact that I’ve been traveling and have a million other things to do, but I have an idea and hopefully it’ll work. I wanted to learn the fluid physics system and it ties in with my idea, but my fluid has to bake over-night, so hopefully that part will be right tomorrow when I check in or I’m sunk, lol. The render will also take some time, so if the fluid part doesn’t work I won’t be able to fix that and do the render after work tomorrow, but I’ll post whatever I manage to finish here.

The Night Fade to grey

2 Likes

Fading Flower

Pure entry

just playing with Shader Nodes and the Compositor

1 Like

I think there are tons of variations of that. My favourite is “Não há bem que sempre dure, nem mal que se perdure.” because it rhymes :wink:

1 Like

My entry, I´m currently improving on sculpting the human face and characters. Ears are missing on purpose :wink: The main Goal, was to try a color - fading effect, personal i´m really happy about the result :slight_smile:

Pure entry, 300 Samples, rendered in Cycles

2 Likes

“Washed Away”

This is a pure entry.

My overnight render came out as good as I could have hoped, but still not quite how I pictured it in my mind. The idea is that the river is washing the color from the stones. I was going for subtle, but I hope it’s not too subtle to notice. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not sure is this pure or open. It’s all done in Blender but I’ve used a lot of images as stencil brushes. It’s done in Blender 2.79, Cycles, Samples, 1280 x 720, 197 KB.

1 Like

Actually, the use of textures and its effect on the pure/open categories has never been specified. Because of this, the decision is left to the creator. (As that is the only one who really knows how the entry image was created.)

From the rules:'If you can honestly say to yourself,

- “Yes, I mainly used Blender to make this.”
- “Yes, nearly all of the foreground models are new.”
- “Yes, most of the models are new.”

,then the entry is Pure.’

For example, based on this, I’d personally consider @FlyingBanana’s entry pure. But, it is a personal decision and as it has been entered as an open entry, so I’ll just go with that.

Once the deadline has been reached, if a category hasn’t been specified, I’ll just consider the entry pure when creating the voting thread on Monday night.

@Helge Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: Blue cube gave it a bit more story

Fade to Grave
Non-competing

1 Like

I saw that FlyingBanana work has image textures on eyes, so it’s entered as open. As it is, for this week competition, than my work must be open even more, becuse images that I’ve used are center of image. Blender modeling and texturing that I’ve done is just a background.
So, than my work must be open too.

Ha! Nice addition. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying! :slight_smile:

@s.haris I am a bit picky and honest about my own personal entries I do and their category I enter them under. I know most would consider an entry like mine pure but being I did leave blender to find eye textures even if free I still left blender to do so. That is my reasoning behind open entry. If I was just using reference images I would have went pure as the reference image doesn’t get rendered.

Does not matter much, since the main reason I subbmited image was to get in touch with people who love Blender and to get some motivation to do something and both was already done.
But I start to understand this principles better. But anyway in this work I was forced Blender to “pretend it’s Gimp”. All other works have much more modeling, modifiers, … as I can see. Mine work seems almost like photomanipulation. But Theme was such and it inspired me in that direction.

You found the right place then. Quite a few great people here and helpful as well.

HI, here is my entry of this week, just a simply barn hahah, actually i had some troubles on thinking in something for the contest ñññ…

this is a open entry, i guess because i use a lot of textures from google haha

This is actually my second “thing” in the forum n.ñ

2 Likes

Choose Your Colour
(yes, purple, blue and yellow are in it too)
PURE entry

Originally I intended to have a washing machine involved, but I had too much fun (struggle) with the cloth simulator. Thus, I ran out of time and ended up with something simpler.

7 Likes