Challenge #792 (24/08/18) Entries CLOSED

(FlyingBanana) #21

Ok ok ok so I lied. Well not intentionally but when messing with displacement all of a sudden my brain had an idea.

Open Entry 128 samples and filmic the eyes are using image textures and going to call this one…

“Grey Matter”

Challenge #792 Voting CLOSED
(fdo) #22

what? you are kidding, aren‘t you?

(FlyingBanana) #23

@fdo what? The eyes use image textures so therefore it requires something outside of blender which is why I listed as open.

(Millani) #24

No Colour Too Bright it Does not Fade, No Grey Too Dark it Cannot be Painted

Pure Entry. Everything made within Blender using only procedural textures.

Thanks @DM9, @purbosky, @FlyingBanana for your kind words! I think some of the coolest things I made with Blender were sheer accident :wink:

The title is a reference to a Portuguese proverb which (roughly) says: No evil too bad it does not end, no good too great to last forever. I tried to play with a colour cycle, with the bird producing more colour and the fisherman consuming it.

Tomorrow I’ll make a render with more samples.

EDIT: Added more samples and a nicer procedural texture for the water.

Old render

(RobertT) #25

Here is my non-competing entry:

THE VANISHING OF VARNISH

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

(Francisco Charrua) #26

Piano

Pure entry, 1000 samples with despecling.

@Millani: My mom used to recite that proverb over and over. Nao ha bem que se sente, nem mal que dura sempre. Something like that…

(Francisco Charrua) #27

Purple and yellow!

(Helge) #28

@OLG, @Helge, @Millani, @fcharr - I didn’t notice until now, but you seem to be onto something here. This must be be this weekends hidden theme. Now, how do we get @RobertT and @joshwinkler3d to add a little purple/blue? :wink:

(Leonard Sam) #29

grey grass

Open

Wasn’t planning on an entry but just got the grass essentials and felt like testing it out

(FlyingBanana) #30

Did a little more to my entry. Going to bring it over to the desktop since I got volumetrics going on and it wont melt down trying to render, unlike my itty bitty laptop.

(purbosky) #31

These are not entries, just trying to keep up with @Helge’s yellow-blue conspiracy theory. :upside_down_face:

Sphere1m Sphere2m

(OLG) #32

Not an Entry

Hmmm, @Helge there may be some substance to this conspiracy theory. Originally, I was still doodling/playing with the 2.8 grease pencil. I eventually decided to go with the 50 cal sniper rifle because it was more fun but I was originally going with a grey dragon flying in grey clouds. Never got to the clouds.

There might be a subconscious direction from the secret government saying, “bluuueee”.

Time to get the aluminum foil hats out. :wink:

lol. I might have added the blue after the fact, but… it’s still a conspiracy.

(Francisco Charrua) #33

I asked my mom: Não há bem que sempre dure, nem mal que se ature.

(Michael Litherland) #34

I wasn’t going to attempt this one due to the fact that I’ve been traveling and have a million other things to do, but I have an idea and hopefully it’ll work. I wanted to learn the fluid physics system and it ties in with my idea, but my fluid has to bake over-night, so hopefully that part will be right tomorrow when I check in or I’m sunk, lol. The render will also take some time, so if the fluid part doesn’t work I won’t be able to fix that and do the render after work tomorrow, but I’ll post whatever I manage to finish here.

(atekdigital) #35

The Night Fade to grey

(MonkeYceBear) #36

Fading Flower

Pure entry

just playing with Shader Nodes and the Compositor

(Millani) #37

I think there are tons of variations of that. My favourite is “Não há bem que sempre dure, nem mal que se perdure.” because it rhymes :wink:

(Alexander Van Anders) #38

My entry, I´m currently improving on sculpting the human face and characters. Ears are missing on purpose :wink: The main Goal, was to try a color - fading effect, personal i´m really happy about the result :slight_smile:

Pure entry, 300 Samples, rendered in Cycles

(Michael Litherland) #39

“Washed Away”

This is a pure entry.

My overnight render came out as good as I could have hoped, but still not quite how I pictured it in my mind. The idea is that the river is washing the color from the stones. I was going for subtle, but I hope it’s not too subtle to notice. Thanks!

I’m not sure is this pure or open. It’s all done in Blender but I’ve used a lot of images as stencil brushes. It’s done in Blender 2.79, Cycles, Samples, 1280 x 720, 197 KB. Fade%20to%20gray 128