• ChrisG3D
  • FlyingBanana
  • nule
  • Mr_Science
  • david.speer
  • Rafaelfcdk
  • Rikimaru10

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Thu, Sep 6, 2018 1:00 AM (Europe: Paris), Wed, Sep 5, 2018 4:00 PM (America: Los Angeles).
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20180906-wc

Pure Entries

RayVelcoro: Something Cheerful

CombatBlob: An artificial birthday

purbosky: Party at 12 o’clock

beau11: You’re A party

fcharr: House

GIPeN: Monkey Party

ChrisG3D: Happy B-Day, Buddy!!

FlyingBanana: Tea Party Gathering

nule: Party’s Over

Mr_Science: Party in Space

david.speer: Party Like a Kitten

Rafaelfcdk: ooops

Open Entries

Rikimaru10: A beach party

(OPEN because a lot of textures of google… again xd)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Bringing party favors

Photox: Birthday Fail

Helge: Party of Four

RobertT: CROSSING PARTY LINES

Millani: Partied in Half

(icyou520) #2

I’m sorry @FlyingBanana I think yours is technically the “best” but @GIPeN entry is so funny to me, It makes me laugh every time I look at it, I had to vote for his. Great work though.

(FlyingBanana) #3

@icyou520 LOL No worries and no need to say sorry. When I seen it I laughed too :slight_smile: I am just happy that I am not getting a goose egg like normal.

(FlyingBanana) #4

Kind of quiet here, guess everyone is waiting for millani’s thoughts. Awesome entries to all, was a fun topic.

(Millani) #5

Some comments:

RayVelcoro: That cupcake looks so tasty and mushy; the frog seems hypnotised by it. Can frogs blow candles?

CombatBlob: I suppose those packages are filled with updates? :slight_smile: Interesting how it is possible to distinguish the father from the mother. The faces look cute.

purbosky: The party is going to end with a loud bang! The alien ship seems to be some kind of portal to a world which is very blue (as opposed to the real world which is orange). I liked the portal effect, but I think it is missing some kind of horizon (maybe try to add some fog with the compositor).

beau11: Simple, but elegant. The subtle variation in the background is nice.

fcharr: Your models seem to be better every week! And you also managed to make their faces look somewhat different. I can’t help but to think this is some kind of loony party without any cake or anything, just people dancing around :wink:

GIPeN: Hands up… and do the monkey! (Bonus points to whoever gets the reference) Suzanne seems to be having a good time, and the party also looks quite alive. I just think the contrast between the bright lights and the darker corners could be stronger.

ChrisG3D: I just gotta love friends like those. The faces look quite nice, I wonder how they would be if they had some materials.

FlyingBanana: That fur looks awesome! The overall pinky looks reminds me of that scene from Toy Story where Buzz gets a bit too much into tea… I just hope this party is not in Boston :wink:

nule: Poor doggy, was left there in a pool of who knows what. I liked how you gave a strong emotion to an otherwise ordinary and disposable object.

Mr_Science: The contrast between the symmetry of the station with the chaos of the balloons makes the scene quite captivating. I wonder if the cookies remained untouched.

david.speer: Haha, cats love eating and sleeping. There is no difference between an ordinary day and a party. I just hope there was enough fish for all three.

Rafelfcdk: It seems someone didn’t make it to the bathroom in time! The material of the hat looks very cool.

Rikimaru10: Interesting choice of colours, it makes the scene looks somewhat fantastical. My only critique is that you placed the lights right in front of the main part of the scene (the people).

OLG: This somehow reminds me of old sci-fi movies, probably because of the psychedelic colours. I liked how the rays seem to be escaping from the frame.

Photox: Aww, poor baby, he seems to be crying so much! Attaching a balloon like that seems like the kind of thing an uncle of mine would do. Really nice work with the face of the baby.

Helge: Those four flies will have a very lavish meal today (although, not sure if they can do anything to the grape)! I just wonder if those are really tiny flies, or if that is some huge toothpick.

RobertT: Really amazing work with the paint texture. I also liked how you used the colour, with white meaning neutral or not so attached to a party, while at the same the three colours together make the colours of the flag of the USA.

(FlyingBanana) #6

Hahaha right on cue @Millani yeah I almost went with a Boston tea party scene. But figured a little girls room being set up for a tea party . had I more time I might have attempted doing a little girl sitting at the table too. As always appreciate the comments and the time you put in responding to all entries.

(Helge) #7

Thanks! - And good question… I thought those flies were just a few mm long - but a power pole toothpick might be even better! :slight_smile:

(OLG) #8

@millani, thanks. Didn’t have much time this week so just threw something up.

Great renders from everyone. :slight_smile:

(Francisco Charrua) #9

thanks :slight_smile: I’m trying to become good at character creation. Maybe I should learn to sculpt…

(Helge) #10

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 793 with 22% of the votes is… RayVelcoro!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Something Cheerful

(FlyingBanana) #11

Congrats @RayVelcoro!! Fun scene, confetti is always fun. :slight_smile:

(purbosky) #12

Congratulations to @RayVelcoro! Very cheerful entry! :grinning:

Thanks for the comments @Millani, indeed the horizon doesn’t look far enough, might tweak that later. Btw, I’m kinda surprised you didn’t make a robot party. Also I wonder if that was inspired by 18th birthday celebration on DA… :wink:

(RobertT) #13

Congratulations to @RayVelcoro!!

Very nice entries all around!

Thank you very much, Millani.

Brilliant observations, as well!

You actually reached two deeper points I was hoping to relate in this intense image:

Red and Blue are traditionally associated with the two dominant parties, and yet there continues to be a vital independent / party-neutral dynamic at work. Together these, over time, lead to many shades and nuances of political perspectives and paradigms.

Ultimately, in the end, these divergent dynamics interplay, blending Democratic positions which can lead, most importantly, I think, in this image and in the ideal, to something I consider essential in the Flag’s Red, White, and Blue:

hues moving towards unity in a vitally diverse and federated expression of meaningful, never random or accidental, freedom of thought and life.

So, in the end, for all its shifting motions, my image intentionally evolves towards the far more recognizable and right sequence of Red, White, and Blue.

(RayVelcoro) #14

Thx for the kind words y’all! Pretty close call this week. Didn’t expect to win this one. Very pleased though! I sure hope you like the new theme for this weekend.

(Millani) #15

My first idea indeed involved robots, but I think it is fun not to do the obvious thing :wink:
(and I totally forgot DA’s birthday)

Good to know! I spent some time thinking of your entry, knowing that there had to be something more to it than just a fancy paint texture. Not being from the USA, I needed some time to join the dots :wink: