• str11
  • nule
  • WassaBlender
  • Ansaar13
  • Rafaelfcdk
  • Rikimaru10
  • parclite
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Sep 12, 2018 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20180918-wc

Pure Entries

MonkeYceBear: Iso Floor

alf0: isobridge

purbosky: Games of Grids

fcharr: Framed Suspension

didierv: Workplace

david.speer: Star Gallery

ChrisG3D: Lighthouse in the clouds

GIPeN: Isometric shit

atekdigital: Isometric BUS

Millani: Nine Longs Nights for Sixteen Magical Symbols

Arethyu: Low Poly Autumnal Island

str11: Spasskaya Tower

nule: Womb To Tomb

WassaBlender: Contamination!!!

Ansaar13: The Hanging Gardens

Rafaelfcdk: Unbox

Open Entries

Rikimaru10: A Lovely Island

(Open Entry because google normal maps and some textures)

parclite: Metamorphosis Lite

(Open because I got the church and house models from Blendswap (thanks, ramonduran and Jeff2207).)

Non-competing Entries

FlyingBanana: Sue_Bert

RobertT: LOS ANGULOS

Photox: Isometra: Finder of Lost Art

so many amazing stuffs

3 Likes

Well done guys!

It took me a while before I could determine my favorite. In the end Arethyu got my vote. I love the composition, the deceiving simplicity, the colors… It’s my favorite!

The WEC has definitely taken a step up in quality recently! Great job everyone! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Unfortunately my project never came to completion, great entries from everyone though :+1:

Some comments:

MonkeYceBear: Simple and nice, reminds me a bit of claymation (the tree specially). The carpet looks neat.

alf0: I liked the tiny dwarves. I wonder if they charge a toll for passage.

purbosky: Interesting holographic representation of a battle. The odds don’t seem to be on the blue team’s side, considering the size of the Belrossa. The variation in the ship designs is interesting.

fcharr: Haha, that’s one way of getting an hypercube :wink: I liked the blue-yellow colour scheme. I just think the background could be a bit smoother.

didierv: The lighting looks quite convincing, and I liked the like changes in angles of the objects. It is just missing the post-its everywhere :wink: (and where is the paper bin?).

david.speer: An interesting gallery, is it for beings so huge that stars look tiny? The colours are pretty.

ChrisG3D: Very picturesque. I liked the material on the lighthouse, and also the colours on the background. I just think the borders of the isle are too edgy, if you know what I mean :wink:

GIPeN: Haha, at first I thought the title was referring to what was inside the thrash can. I can only feel sorry for whoever comes out of that door in a hurry without looking down…

atekdigital: Interesting cutaway of a bus (but why is there no window to the right of the driver’s seat?).

Arethyu: Very beautiful colours. The little fisherman was a nice touch.

str11: Nicely detailed building. Seeing it at night with the glowing red star on top would be cool too!

nule: Haha, funny how the cube barely changes as it grows old :slight_smile: The cubic umbilical chord was quite hilarious.

WassaBlender: You may say that that is a rat, but I’m not getting any closer without a crowbar. I liked the industrial look with all the pipes, wires and red alarm lights. The angle of the camera looks a bit strange, but it also gives the scene a unique feel.

Ansaar13: Very nice lighting and soothing colours. The green trees look rather cute. Also, the way that the person is facing the orb on top of the pyramid gives a good story to the image.

Rafelfcdk: That person sure likes collecting Suzannes!

Rikimaru10: Beautiful lighting and materials. I liked the mossy look of the grass and of the ocean floor.

parclite: The colours look like those from an ancient Roman city. I liked the transition from cubes to buildings.

FlyingBanana: It seems Suzanne just ate QBert :slight_smile: The user interface with Suzanne’s as lives is pretty funny.

RobertT: I loved the title, specially since a losango in Portuguese is what you get with an isometric projection of a square. The detail is quite impressive, and the image looks a bit like a hand-drawing.

Photox: That’s a cool looking character, specially the plasma boob cannons :wink: The wings are also pretty cool. I just think the facial expression is a bit bland. Also, how is she going to find lost art when blindfolded? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Everyone keeps calling it a hypercube, I guess that’s what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly right.
I thought maybe this would be found in a museum of stars.
Maybe a sign there would read “these ones think they are alone”, or “warning quite ill tempered”, or “this is where we sent ark b” —
Of course if they were paying respect to Douglas Adams.

Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks a lot :smiley:. I really appreciate your constructive comments. I think it helps a lot to progress and to stay motivated

@RayVelcoro Thank you very much, this was a cool theme to work on :slight_smile:

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 794 with 28% of the votes is… Arethyu!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Low Poly Autumnal Island

2 Likes

@Arethyu cool rendering also congrats on the win! And awesome renders to everyone else as well.

1 Like

@Millani Thank you for your comments! It’s my 2nd week here and I’ve apreciated them a lot.

Really nice entries to everyone. Keep going with the good work! :wink:

Great entries everyone !

@Millani: Thank you very much!

@Photox: Wow!!! Awesome entry there!

Everyone else: Such amazing works! Well done!

1 Like

Congratulations! Little delay on getting this one on the #featured row, so my apologies for that.