• MadeWithFeet
  • Uthu
  • Millani
  • Rafaelfcdk
  • inky
  • Helge
  • rictusgate

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Thu, Sep 27, 2018 1:00 AM (Europe: Paris), Wed, Sep 26, 2018 4:00 PM (America: Los Angeles).
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20180927-wc

Pure Entries

icyou520: Cool Initials

joshwinkler3d: WordArt

PyBlend: Nope Rope

RayVelcoro: Love

fcharr: Metallic Rock

UserGreat: Text

Photox: OREO PRO

DM9: Light Painting

david.speer: Light In the Dark.

atekdigital: Pool

fdo: 3d - a shader exam

schuylines: finalSchuylines

turtletennis: The Quick Brown Fox Jumps

beau11: Chaotic Topology

purbosky: Of Letter and Power

nule: Impressing the Fireflies

MadeWithFeet: 796-Plumbing-2

Uthu: Eliminated

Millani: Life is but a Dream

Rafaelfcdk: Urkraft - primordial force

inky: Fonts_Challenge

Helge: Hands Off!

Open Entries

rictusgate: typography - dali1

(Used Photoshop to adjust contrast)

Non-competing Entries

FlyingBanana: Chillin And Grillin

OLG: Drowning Depression

JettG_G: Words17

RobertT: PIXELATED

str11: Hard surface

parclite: Tornado

(icyou520) #2

How in the H.E.Double hockey sticks can we compete with chocolate sprinkle vignettes @Photox ?

Brilliant idea you got my vote!

Awesome entries everyone!

(FlyingBanana) #3

Great entries everyone. And welcome to the weekend challenges to all the new faces!

(str11) #4

High quality entries everyone.My vote went to @RayVelcoro there’s beautiful colors and composition.

(Helge) #5

And so many of them!
Your theme set a new record. Since the switch to discourse, we never had more than 20 competing entries.

• 29 entries
  • 23 competing!

:slight_smile:

(str11) #6

Very glad to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:
I still remember previous record set by @beau11 theme (on old site), that’s theme called Default Cube, there’s was 40+ entries))

(beau11) #7

That was legendary haha, a lot of names I didn’t recognize in that thread. But congrats on the new winning theme it was a doozy :smiley:

(UserGreat) #8

Congratulate everyone! Great challenge. Personally think that my work was the best, of course, lol.

(Helge) #9

Yes, that was a big one. I wonder if we will be able to beat that one any time soon.

48 entries, (39 competing / 9 non competing)

(joshwinkler3d) #10

It’s a shame all those images are lost.

(str11) #11

I can’t see images from old version site too.((

(Helge) #12

Indeed, it is. If there isn’t some secret backup file somewhere, we could still try to reconstruct as much as possible ourselves. But so far I’m not entirely sure how to get everyone to re-upload all those images. For regular participants that would be ~139 images…

… but I’m not ready to give up, yet. :wink:

(Muhammad Khaled) #13

Great entries ,
@Photox wow that is really amazing !

(RayVelcoro) #14

Many, many stunning entries this week, all very complementary to the theme as well. Hard to make a choice. I like Hands Off by Helge a lot, also Pixelated by Robert is just perfect! both non-competing unfortunately. Oreo Pro by Photox absolutely one of best executed entries. Very clean and bright. If it was a close call for the win it would get my vote for sure.

Now I will vote for Plumbing by MadeWithFeet. It sure deserves a vote or two!

Great modeling all, Can’t wait for the new theme!

(purbosky) #15

Helge is competing this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Luckily I still have all the files from the first time I took part in this challenge (the theme is ‘event horizon’, I think), if that would ever be needed. :grinning:

I liked to browse through the old WC voting pages and seeing all the creative entries. Last time I was around week #400 or #500-ish before the migration happened (and had to stop then, lol).

@david.speer, I thought your idea was brilliant and while it may not stand out as much from a few others, I really liked what you did with the light. You got my vote! Was a tough choice, some really great entries here. Loved looking them over! Thanks everyone!

(Helge) #17

I had already asked @bartv to raise the systems poll items limit, so this one had to have more than 20 competing entries… However, in the end we would still have exceeded this limit without my entry. :slight_smile:

Good to know. Maybe we’ll need it, so keep it safe. :slight_smile:

(str11) #18

You can try to do something like shares to restore images :slightly_smiling_face:

(RayVelcoro) #19

Sry i didn’t look any better, Helge. :blush:

(Helge) #20

Don’t worry. And thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile: